Fi light not working after led color change

07busa07

Registered
I did the cluster led color change and accidentally removed my fi light led which was a 4 prong. :banghead: :banghead: I resoldered the led back on but it isn't powering on. So I took it back off and tried soldering a led that I got for my color change and still nothing. I'm at a loss right now I've resoldered a couple differ LEDs but the light still won't turn on. Hope I didn't burn the "pod" the led sits on. Is there a wire I can tap into and mount a small bulb somewhere so that I can have something so that if my fi light does come on I can tell?? I've looked through the whole manual and I can't find which wire triggers the fi light on the cluster.

I've never looked at the cluster that close, don't know if it is a multilayer board or not. Looks like John is gonna help you out. Soldering printed circuit boards is a skill. You can easily damage the board, lift runs, create cold solder joints, damage components.

I've never looked at the cluster that close, don't know if it is a multilayer board or not. Looks like John is gonna help you out. Soldering printed circuit boards is a skill. You can easily damage the board, lift runs, create cold solder joints, damage components.

All of the LEDs work and light up but my fi light. Got over excited and removed 1 too many LEDs. My own fault just wondering if there is a way to "tap" into a wire to trigger a light that I can mount somewhere so if I do actually throw a code I'll know rather then guessing haha.

Back