FI light coming on backfiring and missing Real bad

Johnbusa1

Registered
I put my 06 Hayabusa away for the winter when I fired it up this spring it was missing and backfiring real bad and then the FI light came
Is it bad gas or something else?

Welcome to the Org.

Sounds like clogged injectors. Was Stabil or another product used in storage?

Do you know how to get the fault code for the FI light? We can walk you thru that.

Hit us back.

RSD.

I would check your vacuum lines and the IAT sensor - make sure its plugged in. if the bike doesnt read proper vacuum, it will run super rich and if it doesnt read any critical sensor, the FI light will come on.

What all is done to the bike? If you have a power commander did your battery die while it was sitting, if so the PC could have forgotten the code and it will kick the FI light on if your mods require the PC to run.

I guess a vacuum line could fall off. ???

Power Commanders don't drop maps when disconnected from their 12V power supply.They can act up if the bikes battery has sat and is no longer at a full 13.2 volts.

RSD.

I recently got the opportunity to play with my IAP sensor and all of the vacuum lines - if it doesn't not read enough vacuum, it will dump a ton of extra fuel. It should read vacuum from all 4 TB's. I eliminated all of the extra emissions stuff from the bike and made the mistake of not getting it right the first time. it runs but not very well, lots of popping and backfires... terrible fuel mileage..

You've been given information for pulling the code. I'd throw some seafoam in the tank and go for a 200 mile ride :poke:

Winter storage has to be done right and gasahol will go to heck over the winter. You probably need an oil change too.

Back