Fi light comes on

Bansh

Registered
I have an 05 Busa with a PCIII and dual HMF high mounts.
I am running a stock HMF map.
The bike runs like a RAPED APE! I mean I luv the sound and when I'm on the throttle she is perfect.
The FI light comes on when I am just cruzing, around 4K & 5k rpm's. Still runs fine, but should I be worried about the "red light"?
O and also did the "pair valve" mod. I blocked off the plates and removed all that emmissions xcrement.
I was reading in one of the post that older Busa's you need to remove the brown wire from the ECU, that is the air sensor and removing the wire will put it into an "open loop". Maybe that is causing my intermittent FI light?

Any help is appreciated!

TIA

I have almost the exact same set up on the same bike, but with the muzzy system. I had the same thing happen. It might sound stupid, but check to make sure the map is still loaded. I had taken my battery out during the winter and the light came on just cruizing. I looked at the PC and found it blank. The bike was running on no map. I reloaded the map and it solved the problem.

Never thought of that. I installed a battery tender recently, with the quick connect cable I ran under the passenger seat. Probably did the same thing as you!

Thanks!
blush.gif

I would think something wrong with the Power Commander if its not
holding the map..
I thought so too, but I would assume that it has to keep some sort of power supply to keep the memory "alive" so to speak. My battery was completely out of the bike for about 3 months.

This off powercommander.com

Q: If I disconnect my battery will the Power Commander lose it's map?

A: No, all Power Commanders utilize a nonvolatile memory (it does not require constant power to maintain it). The only way a map can be “erasedâ€￾ is to use a computer to load a new one in place of it.

Are you getting the confirmation that the map was successfully loaded? If not,then youre backing up,sometimes for me it takes several tries before I get the map to load.

I still have the right map loaded? I bought a battery tender anyways. Ran great last couple of days? Maybe it was the cold weather? I live in CT and it was around 45 deg when it was acting up.
blush.gif

Back