FI Light comes on gas gauge goes to empty

Zrultima

Registered
One of my bikes an 04 busa I just traded my blazer for as I was driving it home the FI light came on after a 30 minute drive home the gas gauge goes straight to empty but the bike still drives the same if i restarted after a minute or two it turns off and gas gauge goes back to normal....After a bit more driving turns on does the same thing any thoughts?? I have 5908 miles on the bike it was sitting for a while there s few rust spot since im guessing it was left outside....but drives great not as awesome as my 06 but i guess its something to get use to

bad gauge cluster- try removing it, cleaning the terminals and re-assembling...

my dodge pickup would do the EXACT SAME THING!

give it a try- only cost u some time...

bad connection, more precisely- said it looked as if it was in the weather- corrosion is a PITA!!

of course it could be a bad FI- but with the gauge goin to E, my moneys on connection...

I would remove the cluster and clean the connection to the single connector; both the cluster and harness sides. Also, through some dielectric grease in there to keep the weather out, see if that works. Keep us updated!

I will definetely do that this weekened this bike doesnt feel as powerful as my 06 but i will try to make it as best as i csn

You can follow the advise I skimmed above, but it could be any of a number of things from noise induced due to a wreck that tweeked the wire bundle to a bad / failing cluster, to an ECU issue. I hate these issues. Follow the reseat the connector and use the goop ideas and see what happens.

Well the bike not physically damaged the more i drive it i hear a small clunking when in lower gear 1 or 2 at low rpm Less than 5000 then goes away . Does it have something to do with the clutch assembly ive heard about it online i will attempt to remove the cluster this afternoon

Clean the chain real good with WD 40 and then put a little chain wax on it. I use Maxim Gold. Wax not lube. Your chain should be o-ring and you don't really lube it , it is what they use to call sealed. But you have to keep it clean. When it starts wearing out, you replace it. and the sprockets.

Well i have heard using wd40 is horrible due to it messes up seals and such would pb blaster be better. I will give it a good cleaning tonight i was going to take the dash out but it would take me to long

So yesterday was a busy day for me i woke up early and got started on the bike i washed her and cleaned her up. I changed out the oil when i poured it out looks like it had been sitting there for years. I cleaned out all the connections leading up the fuel tank harness replaced all the fuses which were all corroded. Replaced the spark plugs which were also corroded dont know how that happens and flushed out the radiator. Seafoamed it earlier that day

Took me about 4 hours to complete and i have to say well worth it when i went riding for about half an hour the light never came up idle was alot smoother . I appreciate all the help guys and keep everyone updated if it comes back.

Drove it to work today for an hour no light no nothing..... the throttle response is not quite close to my 06 but it seems that the throttle tube is sticking since at times it keeps the revs up. I was thinking of changing to a r1 or r6 throttle tube i heard there touchy on the throttle i would like that be great on the highway.

Which one is the one that needs the least modification i dont like does fab work things they never come out quite right

Hey guys today i just popped up the tank to adjust the idle as soon as i was done the gas gauge stopped working i checked the connections they seemed to be tight is there anything else i can check please help

Download the manual and trace the electrical feed from the gauge to the source.

Back