FI light and codes

BIGSMOOTHH

Donating Member
Registered
Heres the skinny:
The FI light comes on on my 05 Busa after a few minutes of driving. How do I find out which code it is? I heard there was a "paperclip" trick so I do not have to have that wire bundle thingy. Is this so? I need to find out which sensor Im having a problem with.
Also, my PCIII stopped working....I think. Bike started running like doodie so I plugged the puter into it and tried to get the map and check it and the puter says "error during map retrieval". It wont load a map either. I think its toast. But I bypassed it and the FI light problem is still there.

Any...and all...ideas?

Thanks.

BIGSMOOTHH

Donating Member
Registered
Not really a mess. Should just be one sensor (ie TPS, etc). And a new PCIII. But I do need to find out how to get the code. Anyone?

Charlesbusa

Used to be a SoCal Busa
Donating Member
Registered
There are 2 wires coming out of the CPU that have a capped plug at the end. The plug should be underneath the rider's seat, towards the passenger seat. The plug has 4 holes and only 2 wires are connected. Jump it, complete the circuit with a paper clip.

Then your clock display will be replaced with a horizontal line, which should be in the center position, and the code. Look up the code in the service manual.

Latest Bikes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SidKirk