Few questions I believe are problems....

ssg_petty_210

Registered
Okay, so I have a few questions concerning my k5 Hayabusa. I bought the bike with 24k miles on it, and had a few questions concerning motor issues. Some of this might be normal, but I honestly dont know. When the bike is cold, it is a little slow on the start. I know I never had this problem with my GSXR 750 being fuel injected. Is this a common problem with caburated bikes? Also I have noticed when I am cruising in third gear and normal throttle being held around 3 to 4k rpm, the bike seems like it is kind of hesitating. It feels as if someone is pushing me from behind, then stops, then pushes then stops. What could be the cause of this. I also have a gear indicator light, that I noticed when I go into third gear, the indicator says 0. Sometimes when I am in fourth, it randomly jumps to 6th. This is the light that is. What could cause this, being as it didnt do this when I first bought the bike. When the bike is cold and I do the first start in the morning, there is a little knock in the engine for like 30 seconds to a minute. Is this normal? First thing I did when I bought the bike, is make sure all maintenance was squared away. I cleaned the KN airfilter and reoiled. I changed the oil to Mobil 1 full synthetic and did major maintenance to the chain. I cleaned and adjusted. Also when I am rolling in nuetral coming to park, the brakes are squeeking as if they were touching the rotors in the front. Normal? Any help from the community will be greatly appreciated. Overall the bike runs fine, and is a blast to ride, I just love for all my vehicles to be in tip top shape.

All sounds pretty normal, less the hesitation. They don't like to be cold, mine starts a bit slow too. The gear indicator is just funky, my friend had one on his zx10 that did the same thing. The brakes will rub a bit, not enough to wear em, just keep em warm, so I've been told.

Droid via Tapatalk

Okay, thanks. If it doesnt have a carb, why does it have a choke? Sorry for the newbie ?'s,

It's not a choke...it's a fast idle lever...it increases the idle speed for a faster warm up.
Posted via Mobile Device

Okay, thanks. If it doesnt have a carb, why does it have a choke? Sorry for the newbie ?'s,

It's not a choke...even though it has a damn "choke" symbol on it...go figure?

It's an idle adjuster, of sorts. It just makes your engine run a bit faster while the bike is warming up. (They got me with that one, too.)

It's not a choke...even though it has a damn "choke" symbol on it...go figure?

It's an idle adjuster, of sorts. It just makes your engine run a bit faster while the bike is warming up. (They got me with that one, too.)

I had to figure that one out by tracing the cable :laugh:. I wondered the same myself...

Ah gotcha lol. I was like wtf lol. Thanks fellas. I just took it for a ride just now, and the gear indicator is still acting stupid. Im about to just rip the dang thing out. Also, if I were to throw shorties on there, how will it run with a PC. I have yoshi's on there now, and the guy said it was synced together. It doesnt have a PC though, so Im not sure. I just want something louder. Rode by couple busas earlier along with gsxr's, and I couldnt even hear my own bike over theirs.

Most likely, I will end up doing an even trade with someone who wants some yoshi rs3 slip ons. I am looking some short short slip ons that are extremely loud. Id be taking a loss on price, but you pay for what you want I guess.

look into D&D...that should quench your thirst for loud. Plus its made right there in Texas :)

I had to figure that one out by tracing the cable :laugh:. I wondered the same myself...

i was told they do that with all f/i bikes it keeps the confusion down on what it does, u normally pull the choke on cold starts and thats what the fast idle is for aswell....warms bike up faster

So a local bike shop told me, that if the GIPRO indicator light is reading the wrong gear, then it effects the performance of the bike. Is this true? He said that lets say, I am in third, and it reads 5th, it is reading different air/fuel ratios. If this is true, I will be removing it, and reinstalling it and see if that fixes it. If it doesnt, im trashing the thing.

So a local bike shop told me, that if the GIPRO indicator light is reading the wrong gear, then it effects the performance of the bike. Is this true? He said that lets say, I am in third, and it reads 5th, it is reading different air/fuel ratios. If this is true, I will be removing it, and reinstalling it and see if that fixes it. If it doesnt, im trashing the thing.

I don't believe the indicator actually controls anything, just a display. TRE's tell the bike its in a different gear all the time, that's their purpose, I haven't heard or experienced those causing the issues.

Droid via Tapatalk

Depending on which model GIPRO you have it might include a TRE or Timing Retrad Eliminator. It does not affect air fuel ratios or anything else. The throttle bodies may need to be synched along with setting the TPS (Throttle position Sensor.
I have an '05 with a full Ken Brock system and a PC3 really helped it run better.

Take your seat off and see if there is something connected between your main harness and the ECU. If there is, unplug it and plug directly back in to your ECU. See if that fixes it.

Will do. Because for some reason, the bike feels weird in third gear. A shop told me, if it is reading the wrong gear, I will feel the stuff its been doing.

Back