Few Questions From A Fellow Busa Junkie

Hermbo29

Registered
What up guy? Few questions if anyone could help out? I have a 03 and I was wondering what parts are interchangeable from the gen1's and gen2"s? Also any thoughts on iridium plugs or just stick to the standard ngk's? Last question , any difference between the oem or proformance crush drive pads Other than the price? Thanks in advance for anyone willing to answer .

My thoughts. Stick to standard ngk plugs, not enough gain to justify the cost of iridium. What parts are you wanting to swap from a Gen 2.

I was kinda thinking the same about them but wanted a few opinions as well. Nothing in particular just kind of wanted General knolage of the interchangavle parts between the 2. I do all the modifications and servicing on my bike myself so when looking for parts just kinda like that will work if it so happens to be a little cheaper for any reason. Or maybe just for a cool mod that might work for my gen1. Trying to learn as much as possible about the bike from other exsperanced owners. My biggest question is about the crush dampers though. Any noticeable difference from hi proformance over oem ?

There's actually a thread in this forum that discusses what parts can be swapped from Both Gens. Just gotta spend a little bit of time searching

Honestly there's very little that I haven't seen from years of being on this forum and a few others. Everything might not bolt right on but most parts will fit. Seen guys switch everything from motors,rims,suspension, fairings, and the list goes on.......

On my Gen1 busa I have a Gen2 radiator and oil cooler. I also have a few parts off a Ducati,R1, and R6 that I can think of off the top of my head

Hey man thanks I'll go search and see what I can find. Really off a Ducati and r1? That's pretty cool! I guess if there is a will there is a way right ? I heard something about using a r1 throttle tube if I remember right? Would you know anything about that and what year r1 would fit a gen1?

Google Hayabusa R1 throttle tube

Fastest way to get all the information you need. I did that mod so many years ago I forget the exact year etc.

Hey man thanks I'll go search and see what I can find. Really off a Ducati and r1? That's pretty cool! I guess if there is a will there is a way right ? I heard something about using a r1 throttle tube if I remember right? Would you know anything about that and what year r1 would fit a gen1?

The R1(and some year R6)will open the throttle faster with less twist of the wrist.
It actully gives you less throttle control. Some guys like it, especially for drag racing.
Persoanlly, I like wheelies, and I don't like a a touchy/twitchy throttle.
You can get one for $20 or even half that sometimes, so cheap enough to try and see if it's right for you.

I'll look and see if I can find the gen1/2 interchange thread. Alot of things aren't easy to find again yet.

Hey man thanks! I've been looking but get cought up reading a bunch of other stuff on here. It's a great site! You guys are worth your weight in gold with all the advice and help!

Yes sir, there are alot of "pinned" threads that have not come back yet.
They answer alot questions.

1Busa has R1 wheels on his gen1, and he has a thread on that somewhere.
It's a really cool mod, as the wheels are noticeably lighter. You will be able to feel a difference in handling.
I personally like the look of the 5 spoke Yamaha wheels too.
It's not a hard mod either. Used wheels can be found for around $300 a set, sometimes less.
You'll need some custom wheel spacers, and I think a different front axle. If I remember right, someone on one of the gsxr forums makes the axle.

1Busa, if you read this, will you please post a link to your wheel swap thread?
Myself and apparently a few others are still having problems finding anything with the search function.

Yeah it's been a little difficult to search in here as to be expected with the reboot.

I didn't actually create a wheel swap thread I chimed in on it and added my pics and experience with it. Pretty much all my mods I just used google and it led me to here or a few other Hayabusa forums. The guy who makes the axle conversion kits for the R1 rims can be found on PsychoBike forum. I believe his screen name is Chopaleg or something like that

Thank you man for the link , I ended up ordering both a r6 and r1 to play with and see wich one i like better.

I think they both work the same, it just depends upon the year as to which one works on the Busa.
Sorry, I can't remember the years of either.

Didn't mean to quote 1Busas post

I found and read a few things on Google , the hayabusa is a 1/4 turn the r6 is a 1/5 and the r1 is a 1/6 . Also a 06 for both will work on the gen 1. The r6 has a little modding in order to fit correctly the thread said but is way less twist to wot. Well that's what the post said and had pictures too. I'll find the link in a bit if anyone else runs across my tread and has interest in the mod . Would you happen to know the difference on oem vs racing Cush drive dampers ? I'm going to do a 43t sprocket soon and noticed I had a little play so I'm going to just replace them and the barrings sense I'll have the wheel off

Picked up a set from Ryan SchnitzRacing.com ~ worked GREAT, used half in my spare wheel too . . .

Cush_Drive_1__77520.1359988990.1280.1280.jpg

Nice!

Red, Any noticeable difference in drive ability or just a longer lasting material?

With half urethane & the stock rubber in there ~ I've never noticed any difference while out riding . . .

100_2120_zps2af85321.jpg

Nice picture of GrapeApes old bike in front of his house . . .

Back