Fender eliminator

djac2163

Registered
Can anyone comment on steps taken to remove the under tail and install a Fender Eliminator kit

GSX1300RK6_BlackRed_640009.jpg

Sure.  The search button is your friend.....honestly.  You'll read about great info.  Since you're being laaaaazy.....

[*]
[*]

After looking at all that sheeyat I would get a professional or find someone who knows what their doing and buy them lunch and some beers.

How much time do you have
wink.gif
, tools and mechanical knowledge and skill
rock.gif
? If time is a factor then plan on a pro to do it. If you can take whatever time you can do it your self or if you get into trouble you can always bring it to a pro
biggrin.gif

Shovel mod is REALLY easy- a dremel and a sander and I was done in an hour.

I used a box cutter and time. Cut down about the same as Carls. But I did buy another fender just in case!
blush.gif

The competition werkes fender kit takes a LOT of cutting if that is what you are looking at. I have instructions here somewhere. I can get them to ya if you need. After looking at instructions I decided not to do it. I don't remember who, but someone here has one. They look good, but a lot of cutting.

<!--EDIT|PDBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1157163274 -->

consider this, if you have a little extra money to buy a new to start over then go for it. But if you dont have much experience as I, then I would shell out the additional cash and have it done by a pro. Rember that its your bike and your doing. Just my 2cents.

My shovel has an inspection sticker attached. Where do you place the inspection sticker if you cut??

Check state traffic law. I'm not familiar with Tx, but how about on the back of the license plate?

Are you talking about trimming the OE fender or installing an aftermarket undertail (Mototek, UFO, Hotbodies, etc.)?

Here's how I did it......took the license plate bracket off, turned it upside down so the license plate would be facing at more of an upward angle, and placed it as high as possible on the fender and drilled new holes. Then I marked off about a quarter inch below the holes and cut the fender off. After installing the license plate back on the bike I noticed that there is a possibility that the tire could throw a rock up and hit the tail light, so i took the bracket off and cut releifs i n it, bent it to the right angle and reinstalled. The license plate now acts like the fender and protects the rear off the bike from debris, while cleaning up the looks a bit. Didnt cost a penny......

Here's how I did it......took the license plate bracket off, turned it upside down so the license plate would be facing at more of an upward angle, and placed it as high as possible on the fender and drilled new holes. Then I marked off about a quarter inch below the holes and cut the fender off. After installing the license plate back on the bike I noticed that there is a possibility that the tire could throw a rock up and hit the tail light, so i took the bracket off and cut releifs i n it, bent it to the right angle and reinstalled. The license plate now acts like the fender and protects the rear off the bike from debris, while cleaning up the looks a bit. Didnt cost a penny......
Me too. +1

cheers
ken

Back