Fender Eliminator, Mud Flap

MEBusa

Registered
Finally removed my mud flap, from my 09, and I think it turned out very good. It is a Competition Werkes Kit 2008 - 2011 Suzuki Haybusa Standard Fender Eliminator; cost $90.

You can find them cheaper on other motorcycle sites for around $75-80. After looking a little further, I managed to find one on Ebay, for $49.00 with free s/h, brand new. I ordered it on Monday night, & got it today (3 days later).

The install, was super easy. Removed 4 bolts, snipped the factory wire, for the old light, then tied in the wires for the new light. Tucked the wires underneath the tail, mounted the new bracket, with two bolts, & there you have it. What an enhancement to my bike :woot:

I also, ordered a chrome, license plate frame. I'm dying to see, if it will add to the appearance of the eliminator Will post a pic :)

fender1.jpg

fender2.jpg

fender3.jpg

fender4.jpg

fender5.jpg

I have the same one on m 08. I love it but is you search the org you will find where you can use the brackets from the reflectors and do the same thing for free.

Taking off those huge fenders makes such a big difference in the look of that bike! Now, I am going to poke fun at you: You have big chicken strips!

Listen this member is extremely safety oriented and couldn't do the free mod because he's keeping his factory reflectors :thumbsup:

Yeah, cos when some drunken wanker runs a red light at night and is about to T-bone him, those reflectors are gonna make ALL the difference.

PLEASE!

Thanks for the replies!

@Oldman - What are chicken strips?

I know I could have saved $50, and made a bracket from scratch. I just, went with the kit & light assembly. It was a quick & clean install.

@white lightnin Haha, Gen 2's are the best. Just saying that, because I own one :whistle:

As far as the red reflectors, & safety. I am an advocate on safety. And yes, every little bit helps (from sound, to sight). But, truth be told, I've already removed, the yellow front reflectors, and I will remove the red ones, in the rear. I haven't done it yet, because the nuts holding the reflectors, are in the rear section, which requires removing. I just think the bike looks better, without those reflectors. I might add, some under body street lights, to make up the difference :laugh:

Thanks for the replies!

I know I could have saved $50, and made a bracket from scratch. I just, went with the kit & light assembly. It was a quick & clean install.

@white lightnin Haha, Gen 2's are the best. Just saying that, because I own one :whistle:

As far as the red reflectors, & safety. I am an advocate on safety. And yes, every little bit helps (from sound, to sight). But, truth be told, I've already removed, the yellow front reflectors, and I will remove the red ones, in the rear. I haven't done it yet, because the nuts holding the reflectors, are in the rear section, which requires removing. I just think the bike looks better, without those reflectors. I might add, some under body street lights, to make up the difference :laugh:

For some older riders they are called safetly strips

Thanks for the replies!

Just take the nut off the rear reflector and leave the bracket there, Thats what I did and you really do not notice the bracket and it is always there If you need another place to tie something on the back of the bike.

check this out, to take out the rear reflecors you need a telescoping magnet and a philips (start) screwdriver. Take off the rear turn signals, insert telescoping magnet (a magnet on the end of a stick) make sure the magnet connects to the nut. Unscrew the bolt holding the reflector, it will unscrew but then it wants to move the nut, that's where just a little pressure on the nut from the magnet will keep it still while you remove the bolt entirely. When the bolt falls out the magnet will collect the nut and washer. Cover the hole with some black electric tape, put turn signal back on, repeat on the other side.

M4 full exhaust_5.jpg

Back