Fell over before my eyes

TCcone

Registered
Hey all, New to this site, wish i had a better intro, I'm so stoked on the new bike, I'd barely got the scrub off the tires on my 06 LE and while filling the tank for the 2nd time, I'd pushed it up to the pump after my son gassed up my old R-1, being all so careful to lean it on the kick stand, walked to the other side and grabbed the nozzle and watched my bike fall over, I'm still freaking out, the side engine cover has rash and the decals too, I've searched and read a couple other posts on the kick stands being weak, I'm seriously going to take it in to the dealer claim a defective stand,   I mean there is no way it should have dropped, i'll never feel comfortable again using the stand, I have it on the pitbull stand now in the garage.
should i push this issue at the dealer or take my lumps like a man, has anyone that had this happen, pushed the kickstand problems, great site, love the bike... Dave

<span style='color:red'>Update: talked to the dealer, they talked to a Suzuki Rep.
they want me to bring it in to measure the stand and compare it with the others on the floor, worth a try, i'll keep this updated...Dave</span>

<!--EDIT|TCcone
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144194197 -->

well i know there is a kick stand mod that people do but i cant find a good post of it to show you what exactly it is...  Sorry to hear about your issue and i hope that it works out for you in the end!  Use this link to search the forum and see if you can find the thread that talks about the mod with the pictures...

try this one:  

or this STICKY:  

<!--EDIT|kromdom
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144134434 -->

post_6_71142_kickmod.jpe

also be careful not to park it in an ashalt parking lot on a hot ass day...the weight of the bike will sink the kickstand in soft asphalt...i came out of the steelership one afternoon and my bike was leaning so far over, the front tire was starting to rise off the ground...damn that was a close one
wink.gif

Sorry to here about your bike, kick stand mod shown above was the first thing I did.

I agree 100% on the asphalt thing on hot days if your going to be gone long put somethig down to spread out the weight, I carry something in the tail section for that.

also be careful not to park it in an ashalt parking lot on a hot ass day...the weight of the bike will sink the kickstand in soft asphalt...i came out of the steelership one afternoon and my bike was leaning so far over, the front tire was starting to rise off the ground...damn that was a close one
wink.gif
Yikes! I bet you ran ...
crazy.gif

Sorry to hear about your bike, man. I hesitate to comment...but I haven't had a problem - yet. I usually check to make sure she's stable though, and if it looks like there's a bit of a slope - at all, I click her into first and let her roll forward a bit. The kick stand mod has it's proponents and phases, every once in awhile it seems like there will be a rash of posts about it, but most of the fellas here, I think, have done it. Better safe than sorry, for sure.

Geez. It really doesn't hurt to go back to the dealer though. Who knows! It seriously could be a defect in your side stand.

Welcome to the board................... sorry to hear about your mishap....
sad.gif

sad.gif
Bummer.. Do the Kick stand mod mentioned above. Welcome ot the Board!

Sorry to hear about the tip over. Fix her up, do the kickstand mod, then ride!
smile.gif

Do the kick stand Mod ASAP, I was lucky my 04 fell over but I was there to catche it, just luck i guess. But as talked about before the kick stand will kick up it the bike is pushed forward!

1.JPG

Same here. I caught mine most of the way, but still managed scratches on the stator cover. I did the kickstand mod the next day, and no problems since.

Thanks for the pics. I had trouble finding or searching this site for the "kickstand mod" everyone was talking about.

That's my project for this week. I don't have a Dremel tool so if I take the kickstand off the bike, will a good file and hand power do the job
rock.gif

Ditto on the hot asphalt. Even with the kickstand mod, I would suggetst carrying a puck to put on the asphalt on hot days just in case there's noplace concrete to park on. (hot ashpalt is bad ... when I was a kid, we used to love to walk on asphalt parking lots in our steel baseball cleates)

thanks
NDN
biggrin.gif

So sorry to hear of the fall, especially on a brand new bike.
sad.gif

All you can do is pick it up, do the mod, fix it up, and ride, ride, ride...
BTW welcome, there is much to be learned here...

Welcome to the board. The Busa will have you smiling again, soon!
smile.gif

Back