feeling tense

max-9

Registered
hi guys
im new here , ive been reading the posts of common problems and im getting kinda worried here .
i just dropped a deposit on a 2004 busa and im concerned about my new ride , specificaly ....starter motor busting engine block . chain coming off an destroying everything .  bike drops dead . bike wont start .
do i need to bounce my deposit check and look at another bike ??  i really want a dependable machine.
thanx max
ps im no newbie 18 years riding , got an r1 in my garage and a v-max in my past.

dude you'll be fine... i have an 03 and i ain't seen any problems yet except for a stupid grin and not able to keep the speeds down below 100... (but i like it that way)

hi guys
im new here , ive been reading the posts of common problems and im getting kinda worried here .
i just dropped a deposit on a 2004 busa and im concerned about my new ride , specificaly ....starter motor busting engine block . chain coming off an destroying everything .  bike drops dead . bike wont start .
do i need to bounce my deposit check and look at another bike ??  i really want a dependable machine.
thanx max
ps im no newbie 18 years riding , got an r1 in my garage and a v-max in my past.
Hey Max welcome to the board.
The chain breaking thing was from excessive abuse.....absolutely for sure.
Bike drops dead and bike won't start are things that could happen to any bike but have not happened to the majority of us.
The starter problem is a legit concern.......but as far as I know they have remedied this problem......and I've only heard of the one cracking the case.
I have a 99 with 20,000 miles on it and have had no problems whatsoever......and my riding style is aggressive.....lots of wheelies.....hard corners.....long miles on hot days with the gas pegged whenever I can....yadayadayada
I would deffinately not let a few problems stop you from buying the Busa......as problems happen to all bikes...new or used........just depends on how you ride and how you treat them.
Oh yeah.....have you heard any rumours on Zook upgrading the Busa for 04
rock.gif

Good luck with the new bike......you'll need it......totally kiddin man totally kiddin.

Max - RELAX! dont miss an oppoutunity to own a great super bike. I have 12K miles on my busie and no probs at all, if your real nervy about it get the extended warranty. There have been a few issues with some busa's but I would say reliablity is very good. And as good as any japanese bike.
- Kent

What everyone said above.......plus:

This is by far the best motorcycle I have ever owned. It is smooth, quick and fast, powerful (DUH), loves twisties, eats all other bikes out there for lunch and all cars too, and gets respect even from harley riders. BELIEVE IT OR NOT!

My bike - 2001: no problems at all. Runs like a "Swiss watch". All products, including other brands of motorcycles have, a percentage of units that fail. All have some bugs to work out. The Busa first had the aluminum subframe that cracked and failed. They went to steel to fix it on the 3rd model year. The second major issue is the starter gear failures that may frag the engine case. This was due to one of the many suppliers to Suzuki was using inferior metal in their gears. That problem was discovered and now they only use good gears. so your 2004 will not have that issue to deal with.

The suggestion above to buy an extended warrantee is a good for you. It will let you sleep at night no matter which bike you buy. But if you buy a Busa, you won't want to sleep!

The only thing to worry about with Busas was the starter thing and that's on models '02 and older. An '04 is good to go.

Suzuki makes awesome machines. They rarely break. Take care of your machine, and it'll take care of you. If something does break, thats what the warranty is for. I beat the crying piss out of my busa and it begs for more

Mike

You're fine. We could probably add to your list of worries if we wanted to but the Busa is an overall good bike.

Welcome to the board.

Welcome to the board dude!

I am with everyone else on this subject... Maintain the chain properly (keep it clean and lubed regularly) and there won't be any problems.

Post pics when you get yer baby!

Welcome to the board!!! I just went through the starter ordeal on my 2k1. The problem was fixed on the 2k3 models so the 2k4 should be bullet proof.

Did they have the color schemes out for 2k4
rock.gif

Welcome to the board.
jump9.gif
As far as getting your deposit back, DON'T! Just buy the extended warrenty it's worth ever penny.

I have an 03 w/ engine work done and I have had no problems. A friend has a 99' that is about the most abused bike you will ever see 12oclock wheelies for miles,ran nos on it for a while. just beats the ba-ls off of it, and I think all he ever replaced was a battery

DOnt forget, if you go to any other site, you will see the same thing and consider this. The Law of averages. There are over 4000 members on this board and almost the same on th sh.org. But only a few have some problems.

Back