Feeling accomplished!

Getn off

Registered
600 mile check complete!
Did it myself. Spent all day tooling, but relaxing for the most part.
A list of stuff done...
1- cleaned, lubed, and adjusted chain. Was pretty loose as expected.
2- changed oil and filter.
3- checked torque on all bolts and nuts.
4- installed a low beam HID (A&R Motorsports, same one I have on my 9 and love it).
5- installed a Stebel air horn. Wired it in parrellel with the oem one so I still have a horn if the Stebel gives up the ghost. Put it under the tank near the back. Fits perfectly.
6- waxed her up.

Only issue was I still got some oil on the headers, even though I used Saran Wrap to cover them this time. Nature of the beast? Or is there some simple trick that I haven't discovered?

Now all ready to ride...and its supposed to rain tomorrow. Of course.
Troy

Use aluminum foil to cover the header, much easier to manipulate and stays put. Nothing like wrenching on your own bike. :thumbsup:

Aluminum foil. Got it. That was actually what I was thinking at next oil change. Saran wrap was better, but still got a small bit.
Had all the plastics off, except the whole nose, and damn...almost forgot where everything went! Def forgot the order, and had to reinstall a few pieces many times!
I think I found the one and only place a stebel fits as a whole unit. Not much room in this big bike.
Only thing on my short list now is a seat, and maybe an alarm...verdict still out on the alarm. Not sure if they really detour the idiots that are actually stealing these things.
Troy

I hardly have an issue with the bike on a stand. I just wipe the header tube down with a rag.

On the side stand is how I do it. But, when the filter is removed, the oil falls right over the rt header pipes. I wipe it off with soap and water and rubbing alcohol. And it still gives me that oil burning smell and bit of smoke for the first hour or so. Smells like my old 86 Honda civic! Lol
Troy

You're probably missing a little. On the side stand I would definitely use the tin foil ( aluminum ) to make a funnel through the pipes. I did that once back in '06 before I had stands and still managed to make a small mess. Best of luck.

Thx Robert. Guess I could use my cycle stand. Didn't think of that! Wasn't sure it was a great idea to lift on the exhaust, but it looks like that id what you all do with this monster.
Troy

Troy I think he is using a swing arm lift. That's what I use. I would be scared to use a traditional bike lift as you pointed out.

1600519792583.jpeg
1998 Prostar West Super Gas top ten.
1999 Prostar West Super Gas Champion !
2000 NMRA / Prostar Pro E/T runner up.
2001, 2002, & 2003 NMRA Pro E/T Champion !
2004 #3, 2005, & 2006 NMRA Pro E/T runner up.
2007 Pro St. Legal #6, NMRA Pro E/T Champion !
2008 Motorcycle Drag Race Assoc. SS Champion !
www.ApriliaForum.com ~ www.Dragbike.com
www.PMRcomponents.com www.NAARDEN.biz
Photos by www.HooliganUnderground.com

Back