Feel Like It Pops out of gear HELP!

radarrunners

Registered
Hi there,
when I blast of (like i'm dragging) on my 00 busa i go through first, and go into 2nd while wrapping on it in second I tend to have a fraction of a second where it feels like it pops out of gear or lurches, but then it catches and goes it's kinda scary esecially in a turn. I tend to think either I have a trani problem perhaps broke a tooth off of the 2nd gear, or it's a clutch issue. I have a barnett clutch in there that is great and I have about 48k miles any ideas or has anyone had the same problem

This doesn't sound out of the ordinary for the Busa. Seems to be the sweet spot between 1st/2nd or more specific "Neutral". If the problem intensifys, get the tranny checked out! Could be a host of things contributing to this condition from shifting forks to sunflowered gears. Use the KISS method if trouble shooting the problem yourself. One last thing, if your going to be racing this thing often you might have the gears undercut and think about upgrading the clutch assembly. Not just the plates and springs, but the whole assembly.

Back