Feeding time for the ball python

here is my whole group getting some excersise time

DSCF3370 (Medium).JPG

HAHAHAHA Cap, no shovel. We also have an African Gray, 2 cats, 3 dogs and 2 horses.

The snakes are the easiest to take care of and the cheapest to maintain as well.

Don

I can't get over how quick snake snatches mouse from your hand !
If they made little people I could probably feed one to a snake but something about a poor little mouse gets me .
Guess it's the animal lover in me ?

I can't get over how quick snake snatches mouse from your hand !
If they made little people I could probably feed one to a snake but something about a poor little mouse gets me .
Guess it's the animal lover in me ?

Blanca,
If it makes you feel any better, I buy the mice dead and frozen and thaw them for the snakes. That one was a medium rat. If you think that snake is fast, watch the video of the albino columbian red tailed boa. She is fast.

Don

we never feed them in thier cages...always pull them to a feeder tote. that way they dont associate us reaching our hands in to play with them as food. once in a while if they really hungry they strike...but worst they can do is a papercut...i get worse at work...and they release soon as they realize its you.

Mine always get pulled to a feeding container as well. Once the boa get full grown she could get you bad enough for stitches but probably wouldn't.

Don

So I am guessing you don't want me to bring one of the girls next weekend to Hallet?

Don

Oh Lord Almighty No... It wouldn't end well for one of us, I would die of a heart attack or the snake would die from blunt force trauma....

cap

Blanca,
If it makes you feel any better, I buy the mice dead and frozen and thaw them for the snakes. That one was a medium rat. If you think that snake is fast, watch the video of the albino columbian red tailed boa. She is fast.

Don

I feel a little better but still feel sorry for the mice .
I can only imagine the conversations they must have amongst themselves .
Little mouse says to dad 'when I grow up I wanna be a....'
Dad says to son 'don't bother your just gonna be frozen and eaten by a snake' :rofl:

Like I said little people I'd be ok with :)

Do you keep them on top of or under the frozen pizzas , next to the Hagen Dazs ?

I feel a little better but still feel sorry for the mice .
I can only imagine the conversations they must have amongst themselves .
Little mouse says to dad 'when I grow up I wanna be a....'
Dad says to son 'don't bother your just gonna be frozen and eaten by a snake' :rofl:

Like I said little people I'd be ok with :)

Do you keep them on top of or under the frozen pizzas , next to the Hagen Dazs ?

HAHAHAHA :rofl:

They have their own shelf in the big freezer.

Don

Man, I used to work at a pet store and we would carry everything from frozen pinkys (baby mice) to frozen bunnies. we even had a frozen cat but that was a mistake we sent back...

here is my breeding tanks for my mice and rats...some success...cuts cost to next to nothing...

SANY0924 (Medium).JPG

SANY0925 (Medium).JPG

SANY0926 (Medium).JPG

SANY0927 (Medium).JPG

SANY0928 (Medium).JPG

here is my breeding tanks for my mice and rats...some success...cuts cost to next to nothing...

Bet someone flames you for the bunny pic, but if they knew how expensive it can be to feed a large snake they might understand.

Don

they not the feeders...they the breeders..carefull...its fair time...might be suplementing the food supply at the rabbit barn :laugh:

Back