February 4 2006, a day I'll not forget

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
I flew to SoCal and rode my shiny new Hayabusa back to NorCal. Only took one pic after I set off, somewhere in Malibu. The hump was in my tailbag along with my street clothes. See the reflectors? :D Now its 14 years and several multi state tours later approaching 70,000 miles. Here's a pic from its showroom display and from loading it for the trip home at the dealer (who paid for my airfare btw) and a pic from my first tour.

And one from a couple days ago

CBX it has always been a pleasure to see photos of your beautiful gen 1 . The white is truly one of the best looking colors to myself . How the dealer had it placed on display is almost like it was at Barber museum.

CBX it has always been a pleasure to see photos of your beautiful gen 1 . The white is truly one of the best looking colors to myself . How the dealer had it placed on display is almost like it was at Barber museum.

Thanks. I came real close to buying a copper 99. Real close. Then an 03 LE. When I started looking for an 06 LE, the last Gen1 LE, this was the last one in CA. but it wasn’t available as the dealer had it on display at a bike show. They tried to talk me into a black one but they were available nearby so I waited. Got a call January 27th that it was back at the dealer and for sale. I secured the deal over the phone and offered a deposit but because I used a ‘vehicle finder’ they knew and who had arranged for me to get the first call when it came on the market, a deposit wasn’t necessary. The following early Saturday morning the 4th, I packed my gear in a large tailbag and flew down. I’d told them to remove the hump as I would need the seat for my bag and would pack the hump for the trip home. Before I paid for it the sales manager asked how much my airfare was and deducted it from the price. Packed the tailbag, changed into my cold weather gear as it was cold and overcast all the way up the coast and headed north. Was a great ride!

Back