Favorite sprocket combinations & why.

Nastee

Registered
The purpose its used for & it's advantages. Example 17/40 allows crazy top end & relaxed cruising when wanted. Wheelies, track, strip, monster mile anything you enjoy! A few people request this type of info & have no idea what does what or why.

Nice choice how are the wheelies & added grunt from stock.
hello Nastee , as you know my bike is stretched and lowered front and rear. only I feel my bike trying to wheelie in hard launch. But it is very aggressive and I feel the power!! I love this combination because I can ride my bike in the highway with no problem. In regards gas mileage obviously it is not the same as stock but in really enjoy my ride!!

Picked out 18/46 tooth but also bought 48 t rear so not sure wheater to put just to see difference to fool around but I do love top end wows.

My Busa is flashed. And I don't weigh that much so I'm good with stock gearing there. But... I have a 1000 Gixxer that only goes to the drag strip. Slick, wheelie bar, and geared 14-50. That's a lot of fun!
That must be quite a handful to get use to!! What rpm are you launching at?

hello Nastee , as you know my bike is stretched and lowered front and rear. only I feel my bike trying to wheelie in hard launch. But it is very aggressive and I feel the power!! I love this combination because I can ride my bike in the highway with no problem. In regards gas mileage obviously it is not the same as stock but in really enjoy my ride!!
Figured speedo healer or on the list?

The 48tooth sprocket showed up 1st that is my delima. Have Gen 1 so am making a lot of changes.

20181227_125846.jpg

How aggressive coming up? I now how you get down with it. I know the fdr #s but real life pull can be big would you go higher than +3?

Well, I had no problem wheelieing it stock, but the +3 alone was noticeable, then the flash added more timing lower in the rpm.
So, with a fast half twist of the throttle, it power wheelies easily.
I could go 80-100mph in 4th, let of the gas for a split second, then nail it wide open...a d it would power wheelie about a foot in the air.
As for regular, balanced wheelies, it just felt more fun +3 for me, as well as feeling noticeably quicker accelerating.
2nd gear wheelies balance at 100-120mph if you don't slow it down first too, then they'll hang around 70-80mph.
1st are 60-70mph, again unless you slow them down, and I'm not very good below 30mph anyway(I need a stuntbike for that, and that's in the future too).
As for bigger than 46, I personally wouldn't, as 17/43 to 18/46, and any combination of either and anything in between, all fit the stock length chain.
The Toad and the old Pirate both run/ran 47t rears, but also ran 55 series tires, so equivalent to a 45.5-46 with a 50 series for overall gearing.
Going any lower is going to give the bike more of a tractor feel to it, torquey noticeably lacking top end.
With 18/46 and a 50 series tire, you still have a 175+mph top end too.
Swap back the 43 and it's capable of 197mph(gen2, restrictions removed)

That must be quite a handful to get use to!! What rpm are you launching at?

I'ts really pretty smooth. Depending on the track I usually launch at 4500. Never higher then 5000. The Gixxer has a pretty high 1st gear. Once you get thru 1st. you are banging the button pretty fast. I shift at 11.5 on the 1/8 and move my shift point up to 12.625 when I run the 1/4.

Back