Favorite Radiator Coolant?

turbobusa2000

Registered
Just wondering what everybody runs for coolant in there bikes. Redline, Royal Purple, Motul, Cycle Logic Engine Ice, Maxima Racing Oils Cool-Aide, Evans Cooling, or maybe you use plain old Walmart brand coolant. Proper cooling is important on any bike including a turbo bike so what do you use? In the past I've used Maxima Cool-Aide, and Cycle Logic Engine Ice. I personally like the Maxima. After I rebuild this spring I'm going to Evans Cooling products.

Engine Ice
thumb_up.gif

prestone dexcool
designed for aluminum blocks and stays cool on my turbo with no problems
and it is rated to 275 deg. when ran at 75coolant/25 water mix
and 256 at 50/50 mix

I have never had heating problems.. .I just run regular old propylene glycol.. (BTW, if your bike is cooling correctly, it wont make any difference going down the road and it is entirely possible to have a motor run too cool)

you know that engine ice is a propylene glycol based coolant? (from the MSDS I got, the only difference is that it is ready mixed with water)

When I get my new motor setup I'm going to Evans waterless coolant. I read up on it and I'm going to give it a try. Boiling point with the Evans is 369 degF and thats with an unpressurized system.

Regular old coolant. Switching to an aluminum Muzzy fan blade does alot more for cooling than any
particular coolant.
Never had an issue, sitting in rush hour traffic after blasting down the interstate in 98 degree.

Back