• OTHER

Votes: 16 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NIGHTFLIGHT

Banned
- The Jackson 5 - Rockin' Robin 1972 RARE[/url]

Amazing how talented @ young age.
Could you see him on that stupid show my wife likes.American idol I think its called.
They would be in shock contest over!!!!

- Jackson 5 - Dancing Machine 1974 RARE[/url]

:bowdown::bowdown:

1- M. Jackson =appealed to everybody-:bowdown:

2-Beatles close second my book couldnt dance but apealed 2 billions

3-Elvis Presley- Dont think he apealed 2 african americans or as wide spectrum of the public. However his recordings still breaking records 40 years after he passed on.

4-rolling stones-- One of the greatest no doubt mostly rock didnt play as wide variety of music.

5-- other i cant decide you fill in on thread

You can already tell in those 2 vids.
Rest Jackson 5 has try harder were Michael just a natural.
He is better dancer than rest already.

Last edited by a moderator:
Never cared much (stated mildly:laugh:) for any of them. I was more the Ozzy, Pink Floyd, Aerosmith, G-n-R, Motley Crue, Santana, etc.. type.

I understand its opinion.Those listing other I would be intrested in who?
I have never seen a performer that good @ that age thats 4 shure.

I know sales wise Beatles hold record 3.1 billion+counting.

he,s 14 here

Im surprised others are winning.
Shows what I know.Wonder who??zepplin?Elton? OZZIE?? DEEP PURPLE?

- The Jackson 5 Blame it on the boogie[/url]

- Michael Jackson - Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough[/url]

Im surprised others are winning.
Shows what I know.Wonder who??zepplin?Elton? OZZIE?? DEEP PURPLE

To diverse of a subject!

Can't say Lighfoot's my fav when I like Dylan, early Springsteen, Rush and naturally Led Zep among others... just depends on the mood.

Last edited:
Never did like MJ but he was a good showman. Beechboys and Beetles did alot to change the way records were made along with a few others but if I was going to see a show KISS then Triumph with Billy Joel & Elton John together in a close 3rd

MJ was a product of his time. He made big, flashy , music videos in the early 80's, in the big days of MTV. I was there, and watched them all. MTV was on all day long, the background noise of choice. The music didn't have to be good, as long as the video was. But when you wanted MUSIC, MTV wasn't it, pop crap, along with MJ, was just that.
MJ made big, flashy videos, period. An "artist"? IMO, that's a joke.
Sorry MJ fans, but a little guy wearing one white glove, jumping around and hollering "beat it", come on..:laugh:

BEATLES - McCartney & Lennon wrote so many songs, unbelievable talent. Look at the career they had even after they broke up. I like Elvis too, but to create all of your own material takes true talent.

Beatles - It's all about the music. If the music is not there, the dancing is
irrelevant (it's actully irrelevant anyway). I'll take Abbey Road, Sgt. Peppers,
Rubber Soul etc. and for that matter Dark Side of the Moon, Boston's Boston,
Led Zeps IV, against what...don't stop till you get enough, Thrilller.

The Beatles changed music forever, music in the early 60s were on hit wonders,
much like the movie The Wonders. The Beatles moved music into
what it is today and showed us what was possible. Great music knows no era
and stands the test of time. 50 years from now, I wonder if people will come home
and put on a Jackson CD?

Jacksons a fruit and has issues on a lot of levels, liking little boys is a pretty
serious one. That aside, thriller (the video) was amazing. As a "performer"
you can't deny he has talent. He did move the fricken MTV into a different rhelm...
a rhelm where you don't necessarily need music talent to succeed,
you just need to wear tight jeans and choreograph and gyrate to...entertain.
Welcome Britney Spears, Backstreet Boys, etc...

If you want to label him king of Pop Video you have a decent argument, as far
as King or greatest of Pop MUSIC...No Way in Hell.

Beatles could sing. Dance talent nada.I dont think they appealed african americans much.Jackson appealed 2 all races.
Memorial I think is wendsday heres a fact elvis memorial had 70,000 attend.
I know only 1,700 won tics 2 get in Jacksons however there expecting over 1/2 million show up.LA can only muster 2,500 officers 4 this event.I heard on radio 2day there bracing 4 riots break out @ it.Might get crazy there there coming in from all over the world attend it.I wouldnt want be a shop owner in that erea.

Nobody ever that good @ SUCH YOUNG AGE I think hes like 14 here.MY BAD HE IS A 12 YEAR OLD HERE UNREAL.Unreal he would have blown american idols best off the stage he was a natural.

Beatles could sing. Dance talent nada.I dont think they appealed african americans much.Jackson appealed 2 all races.
Memorial I think is wendsday heres a fact elvis memorial had 70,000 attend.
I know only 1,700 won tics 2 get in Jacksons however there expecting over 1/2 million show up.LA can only muster 2,500 officers 4 this event.I heard on radio 2day there bracing 4 riots break out @ it.Might get crazy there there coming in from all over the world attend it.

Nobody ever that good @ SUCH YOUNG AGE I think hes like 14 here.

The memorial in LA will be interesting for sure! Do you know if they are going to broadcast it on TV?

For the record....Dirty Dianna was my favorite song.

Im fairly shure cnn +other news channels will be all over it.
1/2 million people +2,500 COPS im not good @ math but thats awfull low ratio.
I hope it dont get ugly or go out of control.

All great in their own regard.

M. Jackson - An innovator in vocal styles, dance and videos. Many have come since but none have done what he did as well as he did it.

Beatles: Songwriters! Also, the first to gain massive public exposure with/for the distorted guitar sound. There have been better musicians and better bands and better sounds, but their songwriting and use of vocal harmonies stands even today. Perhaps the greatest argument for the Beatles legacy is the sheer legions of future musicians, successful and otherwise, that note the Beatles and their music as a primary influence.

Elvis Presley: One of the first "eye candy" starts. Had his own sound and decent songs and pushed the envelope of pop music early in his career, but ultimately he capitalized on looks that brought women to their knees to enable a major career in music and movies. Definitely contributed to music, but without the looks, it's argueable that his career wouldn't have been as big or as long. That said, he did open the minds of the world a touch and that made the public much more open to the music that followed him.

Rolling Stones - Gained a huge following early on when they were pushing the boundaries of the scene. Richards was arguably on the cutting edge early on but became unimpressive as music and musicianship eleveated around him. Jagger, brought little vocally, but made up for it, apparently, with his live performance in energy and style along with keeping himself and the band in the spotlight through his purported sexuality ambiguity and sexual indescretions - hardly anything that should justify the term "greates". Again, this is a band that's best attribute was songwriting, although I've never been a particular fan of anything Rolling Stones.

Who was the greatest? Probably Elvis
Who did I enjoy the most growing up in my generation? Jackson was great entertainment in the 80's. I actually remember renting the VHS copy of Thriller...
I never kept up with him after he started so much disfigurement and his legal issues.
Listened to him up to early 90's

Back