!!!!!Faulty trannies

I have a new annibusa with 1400 miles and hate it.  Suzuki is going to stick me with a 1500 dollar bill to fix a problem that started brand new.  It started clunking in first gear from the first ride on.  It went in at 600 miles to be checked.  I was told nothing was wrong.  Now at 1400 miles the shift fork is bent and first and fifth are rounded.  Thanks suzuki you pricks.  This will be the last suzuki I buy.  Hello new R1.  #### you suzuki Okay here is the deal. I went today to look at the bike. One shift fork is blue and looks like it has had metal to metal grinding on the inside. The other forks are glazed over and they suggest they be replaced also. Seeing as I have no clue about trannies this makes no sense. Also there was a bearing that was almost welded onto a gear the tech guy had to use a hammer to remove the bearing from the gear. There was also some wear on the inside of the gear. Hopefully this info helps. To me it looks like the bearing seized onto the gear and here Is the bill

I have a new annibusa with 1400 miles and hate it.  Suzuki is going to stick me with a 1500 dollar bill to fix a problem that started brand new.  It started clunking in first gear from the first ride on.  It went in at 600 miles to be checked.  I was told nothing was wrong.  Now at 1400 miles the shift fork is bent and first and fifth are rounded.  Thanks suzuki you pricks.  This will be the last suzuki I buy.  Hello new R1.  #### you suzuki
Ok now give us the real story.
I am sure you ride it like my grandma.
I have seen blown motors in 1400 miles.
miles mean nothing.
All Busas cluck in first infact almost ALL bikes due so what is your point

if u dont want a busa get the hell of this board. anyway what kind of bike doesnt clunk in first :super:

TommyB

I had a complete engine failure on my bandit 600. the local dealer jerked me around saying it was Suzuki that was holding things up. A little research from another dealer and I found out that it was not Suzuki at all but the dealership.
Got the engine fixed, no cost to me. Someone left a bolt in the case and it got caught in the timing chain.

How are you riding the bike, seems like not very many miles for that type of problem.

As for my Busa, yea a bit of a clunk in 1st, but that just seems standard on all the bikes I have ridden.

Ride safe  

ok , sorry....

You have a serious problem here . In yer topic title you have asked for help .

O.K. , It sounds like yer gettin' it straight up the a$$ , and nobody is even bothering to talk dirty to you first .

O.K. , thats what Rubber is here for , to talk dirty .

O.k. , all jabbin' aside....hee hee hee , I can offer the following help : My cousin owns a drugstore , and I'm almost positive I can get you 10 % off on all your Vaseline purchases.

Love , Peace , an' lots of Grease....hee hee hee

hav a good 1.....RSD.

He HE he, RSD, Your nasty...

If this is the whole story man, try talking to a different dealer, if they determine the same thing then there is something that you haven't told us. Like Turbo's and such.

Otherwise, try and contact American Suzuki, and speak to them. If your tranny really crapped the bed at 1400 Miles without a lot of abuse being part of it's life then you should be covered by the warranty... Local dealerships frequently do whatever they can to avoid warranty work, because this work is done at a set rate, not the thumbscrew rate of $72 an hour here in Tampa. Stick to it...

Waranty work is a rate rate every where as far as i know.Cant tell if you and your partner a for real or Busa bashing? hmmmmmmmmmmm.

Well guys I can tell you this. Ive been riding on the road for six years and drag racing for over three. I think by now I might have learned how to shift correctly. I have talked to suzuki customer service and they are telling me basiclly the same as the dealer. Even if I Only shifted from first to second and it had this problem its still not covered. So basiclly I'm looking for some help on how to resolve this. The tech guy told me that one improper shift no matter how minute can cause this to happen. Nice huh. And even if I try to lemon law this bike Its gonna cost me $1500 this time and it still has to happen and me fix it two more times. When was the last time you bought a brand new vehicle put 1400 miles on it and the dealer said sorry for your luck. Its absolute bull but I'm being told this is common practice through out the industry. Ya know maybe I would pay it if it was at the end of the warranty period or if I had started racing it but the damn thing isn't even broke in yet. I know its hard to belive that someone actually follows the break in period but thats me. Thanks suzuki never again, not even if you fix it for free. After all the crap i've been put through in the past three weeks its been in the shop

Basically Ive been told to screw off there is no way It could have been a faulty part to begin with. Suzuki makes thousands of bike and the never make mistakes. Oh and the reason I'd buy the yamaha is because honda never does warranty work. Yes you get a warranty but its always rider induced so as not to be covered. That leaves me with yamaha. R1 here I come. Drop it, stretch it and here come the 9's.

Hey tommyB (tommyBeotch) I've been riding suzuki for the last twelve years. I've never had a problem until now. You tell me what would you do if you just got your new bike and you got the $1500 bill to boot. Its bulls@@@!!!! Maybe you'll experience the same thing soon and you'll see. All I am doing is looking for help guys!!!!

Is it paid off? If it's financed through Suzuki tell them to come and get it, you don't want to pay for it anymore.

My cousin did that with a car once, he couldn't afford to make the payments so he brought it back to the dealer and said here, I can't pay for this anymore so I'm bringing it back.

I wish I could help, I'm reaching here.

I dont understand why they are charging you if you bought it 3 months ago brand new. :super:

If you complained about the problem at 600 miles is it documented if so you should have a good case. As far as warranty goes they need to be forced to fix it I would look at better business bureau and Suzuki has had tranny problems for years I hate to admit it but its true with there bigger bikes.

If you complained about the problem at 600 miles is it documented if so you should have a good case. As far as warranty goes they need to be forced to fix it I would look at better business bureau and Suzuki has had tranny problems for years I hate to admit it but its true with there bigger bikes.
I see you have never read your warranty either

Dave, your problem isnt with the suzuki motor corporation, its with YOUR service department at the DEALERSHIP!, the only way suzuki will not cover everything mechanically on your busa is if you modified the wire harness or crashed the bike. PERIOD! how many folks know that your standard emmissions warranty is longer than a year?
I have paint chipping off my 03 GSXR 1k, I complained and my service dept has 2 new panels for me, UNDER WARRANTY!, I put my busa on the dyno it peaked @ 131 hp, so I took it into my service dept, they checked it out and the fuel pump filter was clogged and the hose was crimped, they fixed it, UNDER WARRANTY! the paint looked wrong on the busa gas tank, they swapped it for a new one UNDER WARRANTY! and my busa has mods? if you ask me your service dept is trying to give you the high hard one, HTF can you shift wrong? if it shifted wrong its a warranty issue? you need to take it to another dealer and have their service dept. fix it. and call a service rep for your area and let them know about the dealer thats trying to screw you! if you do have mods and thats why they say its not covered return it to stock then take it in TO A DIFFERENT DEALER!

Back