FATJAP WENT DOWN!!!

Regarding FJ, we should wait to hear the details of his situation. Loooks like enough damage to get insurance involved. Then perhaps we could make up the difference. Also, instead of everyone offering up parts, I would rather see a list of needed parts, then people could sign up.
Well thinker as always analyzing everything.  To get him rolling we need the nose cone(which is 02 blu/sil) and the right side plastic.  I will order him a new double bubble and I also have the foot brake that he needs.  Here is your list.

02 blu/sil nose
02 blu/sil right side plastic
blu front fender (optional)

Between Purplehaze and I we can do the rest from parts we already have.

Hope this helps.

Marc "Howlin Mad"[/QUOTE]
Yup...could be a fault, but it works for me.

Unfortunately, I do not have any of the parts you listed, but will send money if he needs it.

Let me know

FJ get well soon...

I would like to help out in donating some cash to fix his bike.

let me know where to send the check to.

FJ get well soon...

I would like to help out in donating some cash to fix his bike.

let me know where to send the check to.
Thanks bro! I am going to hold off a couple of days on the cash thing until he gets back (he is gone a military op). Then he can make a decision on what he wants to do.

Thanks again

Marc "Howlin Mad"

PS. He is definately a true warrior. Broken wrist and all out there with his young sailors. He has a very physical job and I know he will be in pain!

get well FATJAP. i think he got it worse than the bike. its a good thing he has friends like howlin and purplehaze. you guys are true friends. i have some stock black and blue panels if you guys need them he could roll bucket style till he gets the right stuff. let me know.

Wow, I just saw this. Very sorry to hear he went down, but VERY happy to hear he is alright! What happened???

Get well soon FJ! And, get right back on when you can!

I like the PayPal idea... It would be easy to send someone money... And, you wouldn't need a commitee to run it.

Let us know if he has a paypal account, and If he want donations!

I'm sorry to hear about the accident. I hope you get well soon. Let me know about the crash account, paypal or whatever, I'll donate.

To all well wishers. I will put out the word on which direction he will go as soon as he is back. I ordered him a new Double Bubble today. I will clean up his bike and get the mud off tomorrow. I need to get it off my trailer. Will take care of all that tomorrow. Thanks again all! The busa is a very powerful machine but not as powerful as the men and women that ride her I think!

Marc "Howlin Mad"

To all well wishers.  I will put out the word on which direction he will go as soon as he is back.  I ordered him a new Double Bubble today.  I will clean up his bike and get the mud off tomorrow.  I need to get it off my trailer.  Will take care of all that tomorrow.  Thanks again all!  The busa is a very powerful machine but not as powerful as the men and women that ride her I think!

Marc "Howlin Mad"
Call me if you need any help, I'll adjust my schedule

To all well wishers.  I will put out the word on which direction he will go as soon as he is back.  I ordered him a new Double Bubble today.  I will clean up his bike and get the mud off tomorrow.  I need to get it off my trailer.  Will take care of all that tomorrow.  Thanks again all!  The busa is a very powerful machine but not as powerful as the men and women that ride her I think!

Marc "Howlin Mad"
Call me if you need any help, I'll adjust my schedule
Purple I will be strapped at cycle gear the next two days. I will try and get it done little by little but will call you if I need some help! Thanks bro!! You Navy guys are OK...

Marc "Howlin Mad"

Get Well Soon Fatjap ! I like the idea of a fund but , its hard to controland keep track of . Its easier to give when needed . I'll give ten bucks . where and when ?

Get well soon FJ!  And, get right back on when you can!

I like the PayPal idea...  It would be easy to send someone money...  And, you wouldn't need a commitee to run it.

Let us know if he has a paypal account, and If he want donations!
Of course, no commitee needed to manage donations to Fat Jap, but if you are reffering to the crush fund that we have been discussing, how would you run it. Let's see...3,000 members x $20 = $60,000. Where would that money be kept? Who would be eligible to receive portions of it? How much per incident? How would repeat wreckers be handled? Just questions that come to mind. However, come up with a plan and I will write my check.

Gives me a cold shiver...Get better FJ, Heal quick.

Some details on the circumstances of his accident might be good, maybe we can all learn something new...OK That, and curiosity.  

I feel for you, Unfortunatly I am hell and gone from California or I would make it to Laguna...Crash fund isn't that bad of an idea but the logistics would be difficult.
I agree with Revlis...gave me a cold shiver. Get well soon FJ.
I would also like to know the details of the wreck. It might help newer riders avoid such an occurence in the future.

Dep

Of course, no commitee needed to manage donations to Fat Jap, but if you are reffering to the crush fund that we have been discussing, how would you run it. Let's see...3,000 members x $20 = $60,000. Where would that money be kept?[/QUOTE]
I was thinking my bank account...
wink.gif

That is a serious amount of money, Figure 60K a year, plus interest, I think the rules would have to be similar to proposed rules for posting comments in the pictures, 500 posts, or a graduated scale, there after, plus contribution would be required...On and On...I think It would probably take an attorney to really work something like this out... Maybe a flat 2K per accident only with a Police report...Maybe? Man it would be hard to work out...

We could just give it to Captain to manage, his discression, his web-site, he keeps the interest as payment for time and services...any money not used by year end is either re-invested, distributed back, or one BIG ole Party!! If Participation is completely voluntary...yeah there would be waivers...letters.... Hmmmm...

Of course, no commitee needed to manage donations to Fat Jap, but if you are reffering to the crush fund that we have been discussing, how would you run it. Let's see...3,000 members x $20 = $60,000. Where would that money be kept?
I was thinking my bank account...
wink.gif

That is a serious amount of money, Figure 60K a year, plus interest, I think the rules would have to be similar to proposed rules for posting comments in the pictures, 500 posts, or a graduated scale, there after, plus contribution would be required...On and On...I think It would probably take an attorney to really work something like this out...  Maybe a flat 2K per accident only with a Police report...Maybe?  Man it would be hard to work out...

We could just give it to Captain to manage, his discression, his web-site, he keeps the interest as payment for time and services...any money not used by year end is either re-invested, distributed back, or one BIG ole Party!!  If Participation is completely voluntary...yeah there would be waivers...letters.... Hmmmm...[/QUOTE]
Sounds like a commitee to me.

Anyway, it is one hell of an idea...self insurance, but a difficult one to say the least...would tke a lot of trust and a lot of fiscal management.

any volunteers (not me!)

Back