fatboy to busa

bbusa

Registered
Here is my delema. I am a current owner of a fatboy and I am bored of the cruising. Not able to really feel the roads and have enough speed when I want it. So I have been eying the busa for a while and am wondering if I will be satified and not look back at the decision. Just looking for some people to chime in and convince me to make a decision.

ya know what? I've always liked the Fatboy.I'm 49 yrs old and i've had my 06 busa since last jan 06.I love it! I really love riding it,it globs of power and i find it a very comfortable bike to ride.
It wasn't comfy right away,but now that my body has gotten used to the position,its NO problem at all.In fact i've gotten so used to the position i really enjoy it!!!
Its up to you,you'll love the globs of power!
biggrin.gif

I had riden a Harley or 2, and I say that riding a busa is a whole different ball game. I don't think you can really compare the 2. The busa is definitey worth buying

Keep the Fatboy and buy the busa. I sold my cruiser and regret doing it ... but I will buy another. It's a nice change of pace to be able to cruise.

I know where you are coming from only too well. I went from sportbikes to my first HD in 1996. It was a Fatboy as well. Then a 1999 Heritage, a 2002 Screaming Eagle Roadking, then two different 2004 Screaming Eagle Electraglides of which I just sold the last one. New owner is flying into LA next week to pick the HD up. My point is this. I have an 04 Busa and never ride the HD anymore. I tour on the Busa! I just could not justify having the HD sit in my garage for me to walk around to get to the Busa anymore! Give yourself a couple of weeks owning both bikes and make your decision on wether to keep the Fatboy or not. Both are pretty easy to sell so don't let that part worry you. The Busa will turn more heads on a daily basis.

here's a pic of my old bike, a 2001 HD superglide i customized and painted [ www.revolutioncustompaint.com ].

custom one of a kind welded chain link ape hangers [ispired by indian larry's chain of mystery bike]. custom smoothed out fender, smoothed out tank...trust me the list goes on and on...

she was and is a beauty to look at [my tattoo guy has her now]. again, reeeal nice to look at, and cruise...but....

mybike2.jpg

I have owned an older Ninja ZX-10, and a Softail Deuce, among a few other bikes and by far the best decision that I have made was buying the Busa.  Sell that Hog, once you get a Busa, you will not ride it again.  The power is addictive, the styling is so well done that you will not get tired of looking at it.  Every time I sit in the garage with her I notice another subtle design feature.  Very well put together bike.  It also has been in production for long enough that all of the wrinkles have been ironed out and the small complaints that remain can be very easily fixed.  Steel braided brake lines and a TRE to smooth out response in the lower gears and remove the top speed limiter, maybe a set of heli-bars, a windscreen with a little better protection and you are golden.  What you get for that money is access to a level of performance that only 1 or 2 other street legal vehicles on the planet can claim and reliability to boot.

...for fun factor...maaaaannnnnn......you wont be disapointed [.]

she's a beauty too
wink.gif

IMG_1177.JPG

I came from a fast cruiser (Road Star Warrior) and find the Busa more comfy
Plus once you crack the throttle on a busa you will understand-- I think the most common quote is "HOLY SHI7"

I too am a member of the dual bike crowd. I have a VTX 1800R that I have ridden all of once since I got the busa. I'll probably sell it - the busa is more fun to ride and it's more comfortable to me anyway.

keep the fatboy and get the busa. You will regret selling the fat boy-I did. I bought the busa and missed my fatboy so a few month back I bought a 06 Deluxe now I have the best of both worlds. Now I have to start all over.
crazy.gif

here is some pics of the fatboy.

DSCN1010__Small_.JPG

Ive got an 07 busa and a 04 fxsti with cams , big bore ,
heads worked,pc3 vance and hines short shorts and compared to the busa its well... A tractor. Its like riding my lawn mower to work.
The busa rides like a dream, The way a hd is supposed to . I can ride the hd for a few hours w/ a back brace and still get a sore back, I can ride the busa for an all day ride and only get a sore butt. If you support yourself by holding yourself up with your back mussles and lightly hold the grips and not lean on your wrists its almost a perfectly neutral sitting position.
And power, Forget about it. Its like night and day.. on the suns surface. Bone stock its a evil machine with less than 1000 in mods and its a custom tailored caddilac surface to surface missle.
Why do I keep the hd, Simple my little girl loves to go for rides and Im way, way to afraid to put her on the back of the busa. Hell, the front seat is scary enough.

I used to sell H-D and wouldn't buy one when I worked there. When we had rides I had the opportunity to take my pick of the floor to cruise on. I have ridden just about everything Harley ever made and I am telling you that nothng H-D makes comes close to being as good as the Busa.

If you want a comfortable sportbike then the Busa is it. It'll do everything you ask of it. From cruising to long hauls, it'll do it all.

I feel more at home on the Busa than I did on my Road Star Warrior. Every time I've had a cruiser it doesn't last long until I feel the need for a sportbike. I have a feeling I'm gonna be on the Busa for a loooong time.

I rode a Fat Boy once, an I'll have to say the Harley thing just isn't me. Of course I'am only 58 and don't plan on slowing down soon. The Busa is an unbelievable bike and so far meets ALL my bike needs. Plus, it's just down right FUN to ride anytime, anywhere no matter what the distance is
tounge.gif
. Infact I'am making a trip plan now on doing a 9 day trip from here in Oklahoma to Alabama, Atlanta, Charleston, SC , up to Wilmington, NC and back later this summer. And just thinking about it makes my face look like this  
biggrin.gif

(bbusa @ May 02 2007,17:35) Here is my delema. I am a current owner of a fatboy and I am bored of the cruising. Not able to really feel the roads and have enough speed when I want it. So I have been eying the busa for a while and am wondering if I will be satified and not look back at the decision. Just looking for some people to chime in and convince me to make a decision.
Dilemma?
laugh.gif

pirate.gif
Harley Davidson
AAAssjani.gif
Hayabusa

When you roll on the throttle, just remember that the Busa is ... brutal.

Just had a non-Busa mechanic/dealer ride my Busa for the first time and he nearly wrecked it in 30 seconds. At which point, he rode the Busa nice and slow.

Be careful!

Now who wouldn't want to come home to this!

CBLASTBUSA.JPG

... once i had a fatboy too , after i bought my 1st Hayabusa , never rode my fatboy again ... after riding a busa i understood that my fatboy has no brakes and power ... try it you'll understand what i mean .

Back