Fat tire kits just a current trend?

Fix it the way you like it...no bike you ever personalize is ever going to suit everyone's needs. 100% might like it where you live, drive it down two counties and it's a paper weight.

Just fix it like you want to and be happy because it's your ride.

I can speak for myself & I am sure some of the group that were at the 09 MNG will attest to the ability of a bike stretched 6 inches can still corner . Riders make all the difference. As for big tire kits, If I was drag racing then it wouldn't be bad but I personally wouldn't want one for the street or the corners, There are places for that type of set-up.:whistle:

The Hayabusa appeals to a lot of people. It is a very versatile bike which is why it is so popular. Just because someone chooses to make modifications to a Busa that are not to your liking, does not make them a poser. That same "poser" may think another Busa enthusiast is a poser because they added performance mods like brocks exhaust or brembo calibers, when they only ride on the street.

Nothing is wrong with that. To each his own. I just love the Busa and the many things you can do to it.:thumbsup:

The key words is EACH TO THIER OWN.
Fatt tires such as mine...330 are:
DRAG....so much spinning mass that is robs 20-25HP from the bike so all the power mods Ive done...im back to stock HP. So not for drag but looks realy good doing it.
STREET....no issues and looks realy good out there
TWISTIES....can do it with the right rider and working it hard. NOT to be compaired to a 200 rear BUSA and same equal in rider skill, will not hang...but WILL still do it.

That fatties are all about preferance of the look for what your riding style is. I like it all and love the fatty and MAKE it work for me in all my riding styles:beerchug:

I have done it on my Road Star Warrior and dont regret it at all.I still drag everything and hammer through the turns the same as I did with its 200.You just have to get used to it first then drop the hammer. I would love to go with a 240 on my Busa.Just waitin for the extra cash to be laying around.For now I will stay 190-200 streched 4-6" Any thing over the 240 and they just dont turn as well. I have ridden 260's, 280's,300's and as they get wider they do get harder to turn.

I look at the stretched, and fat tire Busa's the same way as I do choppers. Not everyone wants to ride everywhere 150 mph, dragging a knee, on public roads. To me it's like comparing a hot rod to a lowrider.......LOVE'm both !!!!!

I guess you can either be a "parking lot poser", or a "knee dragging squid" ? At least that's what I usually hear one crowd calling the other. I guess I have a little of both in me ??

The Hayabusa appeals to a lot of people. It is a very versatile bike which is why it is so popular. Just because someone chooses to make modifications to a Busa that are not to your liking, does not make them a poser. That same "poser" may think another Busa enthusiast is a poser because they added performance mods like brocks exhaust or brembo calibers, when they only ride on the street.

Nothing is wrong with that. To each his own. I just love the Busa and the many things you can do to it.:thumbsup:
Some bikes are so over the top you would be afraid to ride them.. ToBeFast has a $250,000 busa... posing at its finest pinnacle... nothing wrong with that but not a bike riders bike..

Posers is not a derogatory label and I think that is where it gets messed up.. Car people have been like this forever... Maybe a new term is in order for guys that just want to fix up and show off a machine..

A lot of these guys have a ton of money invested and probably have more than one bike.. The "show bike" and then the track bike..

The rest of us are stuck making one bike do what we want... You want a road race bike? Busa sure is not the first choice.. But the Brembo's would sure look nice huh? :) "Dear Santa, Ohlins is having a sale"

I don't know the answer to this. I can tell you that i use a 240 tire...I don't live by mountains, i don't drag race, i have a turbo lowered bike so the 240 doesnt affect me it actually helps i think. If i was interested in riding curves all the time then i wouldn't have it....if i was a drag racer i wouldn't have it....if i just did a little of everything and enjoyed owning a motorcycle and liked the way they look then i would have one....a 240 does not keep a motorcycle from doing anything it just makes it underperform in what a bike could normally do. Think of it like nascar...they change tires, suspension settings ect.... all relative to what track and driving conditions they have. So now there is nothing else to be said about a 240 or big wheel tire kit...if you can't make sense of what was said then you never will

I don't know the answer to this. I can tell you that i use a 240 tire...I don't live by mountains, i don't drag race, i have a turbo lowered bike so the 240 doesnt affect me it actually helps i think. If i was interested in riding curves all the time then i wouldn't have it....if i was a drag racer i wouldn't have it....if i just did a little of everything and enjoyed owning a motorcycle and liked the way they look then i would have one....a 240 does not keep a motorcycle from doing anything it just makes it underperform in what a bike could normally do. Think of it like nascar...they change tires, suspension settings ect.... all relative to what track and driving conditions they have. So now there is nothing else to be said about a 240 or big wheel tire kit...if you can't make sense of what was said then you never will

Nicely put

Back