Fastest Production Motorcycle

:rofl:

BUSA still holds the title for FASTEST (top speed) PRODUCTION BIKE... :super:

Quickest and fastest are two different things... :poke:

Kawi still claims the ZX14 as the most powerful bike to.....which everyone knows that isn't true....

So has a Busa been faster than 227MPH and was it stock?

So has a Busa been faster than 227MPH and was it stock?

The Y2K isn't a PRODUCTION bike.... ;)

I don't think they've even made a dozen of those bikes.

Same reason the SSC Ultimate Aero "claims" to be faster than a Bugatti Veyron but like the BUSA, they aren't exactly in the same league....

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/top-speed/87547-fastest-hayabusa-ever.html

This link would appear to bear you out! I wonder if to be considered production it has to remain stock?

If you don't count the custom LSR bike then Bill Warner has gone 272mph on a Hayabusa... ;)

Last edited:
The Y2K isn't a PRODUCTION bike.... ;)

I don't think they've even made a dozen of those bikes.

Same reason the SSC Ultimate Aero "claims" to be faster than a Bugatti Veyron but like the BUSA, they aren't exactly in the same league....

If you don't count the custom LSR bike then Bill Warner has gone 272mph on a Hayabusa... ;)

WOW! I wouldn't think that at $150K that they would produce many of them, but I wonder why they don't set a quota on how many have to be produced to be considered "production". I think the term is misleading.

Your all wrong, it's BMW
- Speed test: S1000RR v RSV4 v Hayabusa v ZZ-R1400[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Your all wrong, it's BMW
- Speed test: S1000RR v RSV4 v Hayabusa v ZZ-R1400[/url]

Not this again... :banghead:

The BMW hasn't surpassed 194mph which the 1999 BUSA ran so comparing restricted bikes vs non-restricted is moot.... :poke:

like it was stated before, I have my 2007 and beat 3 zx14s on my way with my friends to quaker steak and lube on 3 different occasions. but it really dosent matter the gen 2 beats the zx14 and it is only a 1340 cc engine where the zx14 needed a 1400 cc engine to even compete with the gen 1 1300cc. really 1/10 th of a second you can not even blink that fast. there was 3 runs on the track the gen 1 busa won the fisrt the zx14 won the other 2 1/10th of a second! is the elapsed time.. in the words of vin diesel... ask any racer, any real racer it dont matter if you win by an inch or a mile winning is winning.

Last edited:
like it was stated before, I have my 2007 and beat 3 zx14s on my way with my friends to quaker steak and lube on 3 different occasions. but it really dosent matter the gen 2 beats the zx14 and it is only a 1340 cc engine where the zx14 needed a 1400 cc engine to even compete with the gen 1 1300cc. really 1/10 th of a second you can not even blink that fast. there was 3 runs on the track the gen 1 busa won the fisrt the zx14 won the other 2 1/10th of a second! is the elapsed time.. in the words of vin diesel... ask any racer, any real racer it dont matter if you win by an inch or a mile winning is winning.

ZX-14 is 1352cc, not a full 1400. Ugly too. :lol:

Interesting...

All well and good if you have five or six seconds for the turbine to spool up before delivering usable power anytime you crack the throttle open from less than 70% N2 (compressor section percent of max r.p.m.).

With thousands of hours of experience operating turbine engines, my vocabulary falls short when it comes to describing just how ill-suited a turbine engine is to a motorcycle desired to do anything more than land speed racing.

I don't think the neighbors would take too kindly to me firing this up in the subdivision at 5 a.m. either.

It 's possible the Y2K isn't considered a production bike because, like the Tomohawk they are built to order. If no one pays for it in advance they won't make it.

Last edited:
someone who knows speak on the TRE mine was 80.00 bucks and it just plugs in under the tank. Helps throttle response on low end, also claims to unrestrict your bike by fooling the ecu to think its in 5th gear when its in 6th. I cant prove the latter part. can anyone vouch for this?

someone who knows speak on the TRE mine was 80.00 bucks and it just plugs in under the tank. Helps throttle response on low end, also claims to unrestrict your bike by fooling the ecu to think its in 5th gear when its in 6th. I cant prove the latter part. can anyone vouch for this?

It remaps ALL gears to 5th which is bad, best thing to override the limiter is a de-restrictor from Boost By Smith.

JDSBUSA Im runnign the tre and pcIII will it perform better if i pull the tre off? has not been dyno tuned running generic map for my exhaust.

Back