Fast Idle Lever Issue

CaptHowdy

Registered
My fast idle lever stopped working on my '06. It is hard to move and has absolutely no effect. I know in a month or two i wont need it anyway but I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and how much it costs to fix.

My fast idle lever stopped working on my '06. It is hard to move and has absolutely no effect. I know in a month or two i wont need it anyway but I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and how much it costs to fix.
Why won't you need it anymore? If you lift the tank you will see the linkage and adjustment. Sounds like it needs to be lubricated. My father and several relatives live 50 miles south of you in Vienna, Ga. Sometime when I visit maybe we can go for a ride.

Lube & adjust...simple.
+1 piece of cake!
whistling.gif

Now I feel stupid. I cant believe how easy that was. I figured that with as sophisticated as these bikes are that the lever would be some kind of electronic control or something. All I had to do was lift the gas tank and there it was right beside the idle adjustment screw. Thank you GSXcite for that info. Next time you come down this way, send me a pm a little bit ahead of time and I can see about getting off from work. Im always looking for someone to go riding with.

u may adjust the screw located at the idling screw.
juz turn out the screw till abt 2-3mm left. ur idle shld go up to 2K when u turn the lever.

Back