Fast Five +

released pic

crash.jpg

Wow that car is exploded and wrapped around that tree!!

This is a bummer. I did like him.

RIP

Does anybody remember Ryan Dunn from the show Jackass? He wrecked a porsche gt and it burst in2 flames as well. There may be some type of issue with them. Plenty of people wreck sports car on the regular but to have 2 porsche gt's burst into flames in similar fashion upon impact makes me wonder if something is up with them cars??

Ironic - he wasn't even driving. I guess F&F 7 will be the last one (depending on how much filming they had completed). On his way to a charity event. Had a teenage daughter. Shame...

Does anybody remember Ryan Dunn from the show Jackass? He wrecked a porsche gt and it burst in2 flames as well. There may be some type of issue with them. Plenty of people wreck sports car on the regular but to have 2 porsche gt's burst into flames in similar fashion upon impact makes me wonder if something is up with them cars??

Yeah, but Dunn and the guy driving that night were drunk. Sounds like Walker and this guy just decided to take an exotic car for a spirited spin and quite obviously lost control. Both times, I would assume excessive speed is the big factor, and when you have a sudden stop with a fuel tank, chances are there's going to be an explosion.

It's just sad news...wish the driver had kept the speed down on public roads...leave that for the track..

via Samsung Galaxy SIII

He was a passenger in his own Carrera Gt from what I read.
These cars have carbon fiber gas tanks which are very light and strong but very brittle as well.
Flex or bend CF and will crack and snap hence letting out the fuel onto white hot turbo exhaust which is not a healthy combo.

Back