Fast acceleration and a ticket...?

Hayabusa2005

Registered
I am curious as to how many on here have rec'd a speeding ticket on their Busa and if so, how fast were u going over?

I have not had a speeding ticket in 5 years and only have had 2 in the past 20 years (in a car...generally 67 in a 55).

Now, this is where I going with this...everyone likes to feel the power and quick acceleration of their Busa from time to time. What happens if you are in a 55 mph zone and quickly goose it. All of the sudden you are doing 90 mph in a second. What happens if you get pulled over doing 35 mph over? I heard that if you are doing 25mph over post speed limit, they will take you to jail.

Just curious...

Around here its up to the cop if you go to jail. Most of the time if your cool with them they will be cool with you.

In short, you are in the hands of the officer who stops you. He makes the first decision of what happens next in your life.

Do a search, there are lots of threads about speeding and tickets.

i got ticket for going 45 in 35 mile speed limit on my 00 busa and it wasn't school zone either. this was at late nite on saturday and bunch of bored cops did not have anything else to do!
that is the only time i ever got ticket or stopped on the bike.
most of my other tickets were for no inspection stickers!:banghead:

But what I am looking for is the people that love to "goose" the throttle maybe when you are doing 60 and then goose it to 90-100. It is always so tempting to do...so are is anyone out there that do that and have you had experience with getting pulled over? If we are on this board, then we most likely have a Busa...we dont just putt around in it.

But what I am looking for is the people that love to "goose" the throttle maybe when you are doing 60 and then goose it to 90-100. It is always so tempting to do...so are is anyone out there that do that and have you had experience with getting pulled over? If we are on this board, then we most likely have a Busa...we dont just putt around in it.

nada! so far been lucky!:laugh::laugh:

Up here in MO it's up to the cop and your attitude too. Be civil, take the ticket (usually a Careless & Imprudent if it's 25+ over) and the chewing out, and go on your way.
But it's what happens after the ticket that can get ugly. In these parts they like to hand out "Community Service" to go along with the fine & points. 100 hours of shoveling elephant pooh at the zoo for free isn't ever fun.

Last ticket I got was a 74 in a 55 on the ZRX1200 summer before last. Way out in the country, had actually slowed down some to go through a little 1 horse town, and went by right in front of a wandering, backwoods State Trooper. Strictly business, gave me the ticket, told me to slow it down, I said "yup", he got back in his car and left. I stopped by the lawyer's office the next day.

Last edited:
You might get a ticket, you might go to jail, maybe nothing, depends on cop and how cool your are to them alot of times. just try to pick your place well and use your head.

lucky is all i can say only ticket on bike was a warning and that was for burning rubber at stop light with cop looking on. invest in radar

My brother goosed his bike, then when he was slowing down he passed a cop which clocked him at 85 in 55. He pulled over and didn't give him any problems. He was just honest with him and it turns out the cop rode bikes too. He told him to slow it down and let him off. That would never happen to me though. I would have went to jail with my luck! ???

Look up Arkansas law. It should be on the internet. Around here it could be a written warning, a ticket for speeding, or a ticket and/or arrest for reckless driving.

They pick on us Ruff Ryders here in Cali...so can get a ticket for practically anything....depends on the cop.

In WA if you're really lucky it will be a big ass ticket. I usually slow way down below the limit and goose it until I'm about 10 MPH over and slow back down a few. It gives my the chance to feel the torque without the jail time. :laugh:

If I want to feel the 100+ stuff I can go do track day. I've been to about 150 on the front strait of Pacific Raceways. Braking into turn 2 was a bit hairy on the Busa.

Got cited for 160 in a 70 last year in Seminole County. Fl. Dismissed incourt.:whistle:

I was just goosin it a little

Ive been told here in Tx if you get cought in the tripple digites they take you to jail. But years ago I got popped going 105mph in my Impala and they just gave me a ticket, so I don't know.

All I know is that in South Carolina if your >25mph over the posted limit you go directly to jail no matter what.

Back