Fashion Police.

Vic_E55_2001

Donating Member
Registered
we just discussed fashion topic a few days ago
and here we go again.

Have airline employees replaced high-school deans as the arbiters of appropriate dress, or have skimpily-clad passengers forced flight attendants to act like Mother?

A second young woman has come forward to claim that Southwest Airlines Co. employees made her cover up on a recent flight.

Setara Qassim told KNBC-TV in Los Angeles that a flight attendant confronted her during the trip from Tucson, Ariz., to Burbank, Calif., and asked if she had a sweater to go over her green halter-style dress.

Qassim, 21, said she was forced to wrap a blanket around herself for the rest of the flight. She complained that if Southwest wants passengers to dress a certain way, it should publish a dress code.

Last week, 23-year-old Kyla Ebbert said a Southwest employee pulled her aside as she was preparing to board a plane departing San Diego for Tucson in July and told her she was dressed too provocatively to fly on the plane.

Ebbert, who took her case to NBC's Today Show, said she was allowed on the plane, but only after adjusting her sweater and short skirt. She said she was humiliated and felt the stares of other passengers who had overheard the verbal dressing-down.

Southwest acknowledged the incident involving Ebbert, but airline spokesman Chris Mainz said the company had no record that Qassim ever complained.

Mainz said Dallas-based Southwest—which dressed its stewardesses in hot pants and called itself "the love airline" back in the 1970s—relies on employees to decide if a passenger's attire may offend other customers.

"We don't have a dress code. We rely on our employees to use common sense, good judgment and good taste," Mainz said. "It's so rare for us to have to address a customer's clothing issue."

American Airlines claims the right to refuse to carry passengers for a variety of reasons including being drunk, barefoot, having an offensive odor or being "clothed in a manner that would cause discomfort or offense to other passengers."

"It's generally a graphic on a T-shirt that might be uncomfortable" to another passenger, said American Airlines spokesman Tim Wagner. "We always find ways to mitigate it as best as possible, with not allowing someone on a flight being the last option."

David Castelveter, spokesman for the Air Transport Association, the trade group of the major U.S. airlines, said he didn't know of any airline having a dress code.

Lynda White, who teaches etiquette classes and calls herself "The First Lady of Manners," said many young people have gotten lax on what to wear and how to act—possibly influenced by Hollywood stars. She recommends "business-casual" outfits for the plane because you might be seated next to a potential employer or business contact.

"If you wear provocative clothing, tattoos, or you smell of alcohol or cigarettes, who's going to believe you?" she said.

This is retarded. To prevent an attractive woman from wearing nice things and flaunting what she's got is silly. I think that the individual flight attendants confronting these good looking young ladies are being overzealous and have too much autonomy over passenger dress habits. If it isn't blatantly offensive enough to cause other passengers on that flight to complain then she should be left alone and not bothered.
Lately, it seems like flight attendants have unquestionable power to declare passengers problematic. This makes it so that passengers can't argue with an unreasonable flight attendant for fear of being labeled unruly and or a problem passenger which then gets detained by TSA or other law enforcement for some BS.

I saw the first girl on The Today show..... I had no issue with what she was wearing but I could understand how some people could... When she got up off the interview couch her undercarriage was showing like it was on a car lift. I kinda liked it but I can see where some wouldn't. The second girl looked fine.
e.

(Gunnybusa @ Sep. 14 2007,14:39) Break out the burkas (sp)
Burkas are hot!
laugh.gif
You know they are naked underneath right!

Believe it or not, when a beautiful woman walks by in an abaya (sp) or burka you can still tell. They just ooze sexiness. I saw one in the Kuwait Airport that had me thinking about her for a minute...
Okay maybe not the burka but if you can see her eyes then it helps.

I`t not just that. You better quit smoking because you could be denied flight if you smell not to somebody satisfaction.

Yeah, I hear you Vic... That is what I am talking about... Concerning cigarette stink, I wouldn't say that it has gone that far yet but unless something is done to rebuke the current power trend of unquestionable staff we might end up having more problems.
On a recent trip through the middle east, I caught plenty of bad odors emanatting from fellow passengers.

People are scared to call Bullsh!t on aircrew. Like the lady with the brat kid that was booted off the flight. The kid was a brat but did it have to progress to turning the plane around to drop lady back off at the terminal? Some say yes some say no.

If my breath stinks I`d prefer stewardess offering me tic-tac or something.

I flight a lot and hate fat sweaty person beside me, should I start complaining?
Nope, I`m seating quietly and respect that person right to be fat and sweaty.

My point is simple, out right circling the drain.
rant.gif

Buisness casual
argue.gif

F#@k off Lynda White. I'm wearing t-shirt, shorts and sandals
firedevil.gif

(Charlesbusa @ Sep. 14 2007,12:27) Buisness casual  
argue.gif

F#@k off Lynda White.  I'm wearing t-shirt, shorts and sandals  
firedevil.gif
That is Buisness casual at my current job

(BIGSMOOTHH @ Sep. 14 2007,18:27)
(Gunnybusa @ Sep. 14 2007,11:51) Blue is HOT
That white stuff on the top must be salt from where they uh....perspired....to beat all bejeebers.
sad.gif
Yeha but the one on the right is HOT

lol you have to wear sandals anymore, its a pain in the azz to take your shoes off and deal with the crap, my god i had the worest time in dallas ft worth airport. when i was flying out to kci and when i was flying from dallas back to iraq. even military on orders shouldnt have to take our boots off and whatever else crap they make you do. well i walk through the metal detector a couple times set the damn thing off and then come to find out it was my dog tags and my belt. and so i look at these people and saw that they did the same things to my buddies and need less to say we told security to fuc|< them selves... we just got back from iraq so we had already been threw customs 20 times and never left the terminal but to enter the other terminal we had to be checked. and that 3oz rule is the most retard thing i have ever heard.... and my wife ask me why dont we just fly, airline will only get my money if i have to get somewhere quick or when we take our trip to japan so my wife can see her family....thats it

Back