Family law judge William Adams beats daughter.

A bit more 'truth' comes out...

"Just prior to the YouTube upload, a concerned father shared with his 23-year-old daughter that he was unwilling to continue to work hard and be her primary source of financial support, if she was going to simply `drop out,' and strive to achieve no more in life than to work part time at a video game store," Adams' statement said. "Hillary warned her father if he reduced her financial support, and took away her Mercedes automobile, which her father had provided, he would live to regret it."

Hillary Adams did not immediately respond to email requests Thursday seeking a response.

Just what I thought. All you have to do folks is go back and look at the video and watch her move to the camera after her parents leave the room. This is an assumption on my part, but I feel like that young lady put her parents through hell for the past 23 years. My children were a blessing, but I have seen some pretty wicked kids.

Hardly. This is a statement from the Judge, not the girl.... how does that make it the "truth"? It is no more 'truth' than anything else said by any party involved.

He is basically taking the #1 Rule out of the Child Abuser's Handbook, which is: take no ownership of your abuse, simply transfer the blame by deflecting the story at every opportunity. It's a stupid rationalization, as he is putting words in his daughter's mouth -which, unlike the video evidence, are *alleged* - as a means to deflect the situation away from this 2004 battery. This guy should go on Herman Cain's campaign staff to help Cain get away from his sexual misconduct allegations.

There is no justifying this kind of beating, verbal and emotional abuse seen in the video... ever. If you are still "spanking" a 16-year-old, you failed as a parent long ago.

The statement did not include an apology for the beating, but he told Corpus Christi television station KZTV on Wednesday that the video "looks worse than it is," that he had already apologized to his daughter and that he was just disciplining his child for stealing.

Looks like he is playing it down and taking responsibility because he apologized already.

There is no justifying this kind of beating, verbal and emotional abuse seen in the video... ever. If you are still "spanking" a 16-year-old, you failed as a parent long ago.

I agree with this point. Set the baseline and normalize behavior early.

She sounds like a politician instead of a battered child.

I wonder how long it will be before she gets a book deal or movie of the week. I'm sure a law suit is also in the works.

She does seem to be a bit of a snowflake, doesn't she?

"Where's my belt" would have been the next statement out of my mouth - which is about the time she turned on the camera...

Like I said, you can't be mad if/when you are gonna spank. She might have deserved a few smacks, but the rest was over the top. That would have been the last day she drove a Mercedes I'll tell you that for sure....

Hardly. This is a statement from the Judge, not the girl.... how does that make it the "truth"? It is no more 'truth' than anything else said by any party involved.

He is basically taking the #1 Rule out of the Child Abuser's Handbook, which is: take no ownership of your abuse, simply transfer the blame by deflecting the story at every opportunity. It's a stupid rationalization, as he is putting words in his daughter's mouth -which, unlike the video evidence, are *alleged* - as a means to deflect the situation away from this 2004 battery. This guy should go on Herman Cain's campaign staff to help Cain get away from his sexual misconduct allegations.

Notice the ' and the '. That's why I put them there. I never said I thought it was true nor did I ever say he was right in what he did. The kid deserved some sort of punishment simply for breaking his rules. I can tell you that when I try to give my son a whack or two he's always turning and trying to protect his backside. Have I ever hit him hard enough to leave a mark? No, and most of the time all his clothes are on. And most most of the time when I give him one or two he whispers in mommys ear 'that didn't hurt' :laugh: so that tells you how hard I hit him. I give him a couple verbal requests, the it's a raised voice request, then it's time out from whatever, then maybe a firm soft voiced talk in a quiet room and then and only then will he get a whack or two.

It is a slippery slope we are on between abuse and corporal punishment. I do believe some kids need a swat every now and then but also know some parents like this one in question took his anger out on his child rather than issuing discipline. That is what's wrong. Had he taken her by the arm, flipped her over on his knees and spanked her it wound have been ok but to whack here with a belt as she's wriggling wasn't the correct procedure :)
And now that it seems she is trying to spite him I think she's needs another spanking. :laugh:

Well we all do know that the reason she posted the video on youtube was to get back at him. She didn't say she did it to get back at him for what he did 7 years ago. She is hiding the real reason she did release the video. Granted what he did was not entirely the right thing, she does not look phased at all nor "mentally" abused because of it. She looks perfectly normal. Why a parent would give their 23-year-old child a monthly allowance is beyond me. That right there is a reason why kids nowadays do not respect their parents because they are spoiled. Had she released the video to get back at him for the spanking he gave her I could have see that ok. But she said it wasn't, so she is not exactly all innocent either.

That was a walk through the park!! I wore arse whoopins so bad that all the dogs in the neiborhood would howl and cry for me, however it made me a better person and a strong man! This world is toooooo sensitive these days... Maybe that's the reason why this earth is on the way to hell in a hand basket!! They took "prayer" and the "paddle" out of the school system and the crime rate and drop out rate sky rocketed... Let's go back to the basics, people.:spank:

Oh yea, I almost forgot something... ROLL TIDE!

I was talking with co-workers today and they said the daughter only did this because he cut her off...hmmm what's her motive?

PB1

Back