false neutral

george3.3

Registered
Ok this is driving me nuts. It just started I am getting a false nuetral (gear indicator goes blank and bike is not ingaged) between 2-3 and 4-5 gears.this just started and is getting real annoying any one else? any word on what I should do? Thanks All

you have to shift like you mean it with these bikes. No whimpy shifts.

I have no problem getting it into gear after I realize its not in gear and I have over 2000 miles on it and it has never done it before. It just doesn't seem normal.

Same here ... I just deal with it
thumb_up.gif

Mine has just over 3,000 mile and still does it between 5-6th. Most of the time it is because I forgot and tried a lazy shift. Mine has done it since it was new. i gues that is what the warranty is for.
beerchug.gif

My bike was doing the same thing dealer said it was normal Racers edge checked it clutch springs were coming loose. they fixed it no problems since.

I had it pretty badly between 5th and 6th. Bike has 2100 miles on it now, and either its going away, or im getting used to shifting like i mean it.

I found it helped me to lower my shift lever down a bit with that adjusting rod so you don`t need to pull your toes up so high to get a good shift..just a little bit though.

I have had the same problem twice now while downshifting from 3rd to second.
The display is blank, and the transmission will not shif down. I have to shift up to third and leave the light in 3rd.

Make sure you let your bike warm up for at least three minutes before you go taking off to get the oil circulated thru out the bike.

I have had the same problem twice now while downshifting from 3rd to second.
The display is blank, and the transmission will not shif down. I have to shift up to third and leave the light in 3rd.
Mine does the same thing! I do let my bike warm up and if I can remember correctly it has only happened when the bike has is at its regular operating temp.

For the first 1,000 miles, I had a shift problem from N to 1st, and 2nd to N. After the first 1,000 miles I noticed a serious improvement. I also found that unlike all of the other bikes that I am accustomed to, this one benefits from ALWAYS shifting all the way down to 1st, and then up to neutral at stops.

A riding buddy of mine had the same problem, but it had not improved. I pulled his clutch pack, and his plates were glazed. As it turns out, he is one of those people that really ride their clutch (extended slipping and dragging).

It was a major DRAG fumbling around to find 1st like a new rider, when the light turned green! Major embarrassment, especially when you are on a 'Busa.

Back