Fallen Soldiers Healing Field 2007

semi

Whoooosh!
Donating Member
Registered
on thursday, GSXTacy mentioned that he had heard this was going on this weekend so we rode by to check it out...that evening, the two of us along with Big Show (Kevin) went for the opening ceremonies (mrninja9 and Hannah tried to join us but got lost and showed up just as it was ending)...it is put on by Quad City Families in Support of Troops and i thought i would take this opportunity to say, "Thank you!" once again to all those that serve and sacrifice
bowdown.gif

IMG_0791__Medium_.JPG

each flag has a board mounted on it with up to 40 names of those that have lost their lives in Afghanistan or Iraq...each of the white boards mounted on the poles lists the names of those killed on 9/11

IMG_0793__Medium_.JPG

during the ceremony, a CH-47 Chinook flew overhead and dropped rose petals

IMG_0800__Medium_.JPG

it was a great service and reminded me once again of the sacrifices some endure to provide the freedoms we so often take for granted

to all those who serve, "Thank you!!"

p.s. i can't post this thread without at least one pic of hayabusa.org attendees bikes standing at attention

IMG_0797__Medium_.JPG

Yep, I'm a vet and we have lots of active duty and vets on the board. They also had all of the names of the 9-11 victims on banners behind the flags. It was a shame, not very many people showed up for the ceremony, but it was nice to have close friends there, I know I was thinking about friends that I lost in Desert Storm and Somalia.

beerchug.gif

the ride on a Chinook is awesome i still remember the first time. we got in and all of the sudden we were flying over baghdad and BAM we were dropped in the middle of a combat zone
sad.gif

Back