Fallen board members...

moondog

Donating Member
Registered
Just a thought, should we have a "in memory of" decal or sticker made for our fallen board members? Our local club has lost a few riders over the years and we all display a little static sticker on our windscreens. Could really go anywhere on the bike and after a period, we take them off and put them in a special spot, garage wall or somewhere. Just seems like they should be remembered. Mine are right above the bike on the wall, look at them before every ride. My hope, they're looking out for me everytime I mount up.....

Good idea!!
beerchug.gif

I'll see if I can get a line on someone to make them, & what it would cost. Just seems like the right thing to do. I will try to post a picture in a few days.

There is your solution for donations for Captain.

He needs some extra dough, but doesn't want it as charity. So he feels he must give you something for a donation.

But everyone agrees that they don't want anything, just the satisfaction of giving to the board...... so don't let Cap waste the time and money of setting up free webmail accounts etc.... everytime you make a donation you can get one of those in memory of stickers (or whatever format you want to use).

That way Cap doesn't get charity in the true sense of the word, and you get something that really means something to you... a way to let your friends live on.

Just and idea.

...A man might indeed be thought wealthy if someone was to draw the story of his deeds, so that they may be rememered...

Great idea... Do the proceeds go to the next of kin?

Just a thought, should we have a "in memory of" decal or sticker made for our fallen board members? Our local club has lost a few riders over the years and we all display a little static sticker on our windscreens. Could really go anywhere on the bike and after a period, we take them off and put them in a special spot, garage wall or somewhere. Just seems like they should be remembered. Mine are right above the bike on the wall, look at them before every ride. My hope, they're looking out for me everytime I mount up.....
Mike @ Signstation Florida has done work for Clearwaterbiker and he is making the stickers for Steve Mead

Contact him @

sales@signstationfl.com

I think it,s a great idea as well, after all, I think we all would like to be remembered,(GOD FORBID), if something was to happen us.

I contacted an outfit named "StickerHere.com", looks like they may have a pretty good deal for a bulk order. They are suppose to be visiting our website to look at symbols and colors. I told them the finished product had to be simple, clean looking and have the kanji somewhere. Hopefully I will have something to post this week. Depending on the order, individual price per sticker could be as low as $3 ea.

Back