Fallen Bike....need help!

I have never dropped mine but an idiot on a Yamaha fzr 600 ran into it 2 weeks after it was air brushed I still have not been able to get the paint job fixed as the original painter has moved away....and I cant bare to change it

well i got most of the stuff on finally. its been nice now that im laid off to get the time to install the rest of my goodies. the bad part is that i now have no income. i got my woodcraft stator cover, pazzo shortie levers, and buell pegs along with my brocks exhaust and pc3.

Hi newride. Sorry to hear about the tip-over. My bike had all the same injuries as yours when I dropped it on the 4th ride after forgetting to put the stand down.:banghead: I was in shock for about 5 weeks. I touched up the pits and scrapes with a brush as best I could and felt a lot better. I think you will find that if you ride your bike a lot, it is going to suffer all kinds of little scratches and swirls after 6 months or so. You'll see it's not brand-spankin' new any more and that is the time to really soften in those touch-ups with some polishing compound/automotive sand paper, built up touch-up spots, etc. While you're at it, you can elimenate those pesky swirls that are going to show up whether the bike fell or not. The mirror can be restored pretty well with some sanding and spraypaint. All of this stuff can be fixed with DIY methods. If you just don't feel you have the craftsmanship skills, spending the 3 Gs might be the way to go. I'd estimate doing a flawless touch up job will easily take you 50 hours, at the very least. Might take twice that long.

I'm in the process of smoothing out the rough spots now and it is amazing how new it looks. My bike's damage was not as severe as yours because I had a hold of it when it went down and luckily cushioned it with my knee alongside the gas tank(not so lucky for my knee, but fortunately that healed all by its self LOL). If you need advice on techniques or products, send me a PM and I'll help you all I can.

Mythos

Last edited:
I have seen take off exhaust systems on ebay for as little as $50 with no damage. Very few people are keeping the stock exhaust systems and the take offs are flooding the market. I hava a brand new (250 mile) set siting in my garage. I have seen lots of cheap chinese body works but I have no idea how they fit.

I have every orange part plus a black front fender in mint brand new condition. All for $750.00 This includes the tank both sides and nose with directional covers. Nose needs upper inside corner mounting tabs from a different nose. Swapped to copper and black after first ride. Let me know if you need them.

I also will throw in the mufflers free if you buy the orange plastics. You pay for shipping..

BUMP thats a great deal... this guys so screwed if something acually bad happens to this bike. SAME thing happened to me, and freakishly the SAME damage followed. I wanted to cry or kick/sell my Busa for aprox. 5min, then realized what people were talking about; your first drop leading to you in a straight-jacket:cursin:...I got over it of course, thanks to *reality*, a Sharpie, and some Kleenex's:laugh:

I had the same thing happen to my bike. What I did was sand the clutch cover and re-painted it with a spray can, replaced the clutch lever, removed the factory decals and replaced with aftermarket decals from xtreemdecals.com, bought some touch up paint. Looks good as new for around $150.00 :thumbsup:

honestly, there's barely that much damage there to justify spending money. unless money aint an issue, personally some things you can fix on your own or with some freinds and a 12 pack while grilling! :beerchug: good luck

I have every orange part plus a black front fender in mint brand new condition. All for $750.00 This includes the tank both sides and nose with directional covers. Nose needs upper inside corner mounting tabs from a different nose. Swapped to copper and black after first ride. Let me know if you need them.

I might be interested. Any pics? Where are you located?

honestly, there's barely that much damage there to justify spending money. unless money aint an issue, personally some things you can fix on your own or with some freinds and a 12 pack while grilling! :beerchug: good luck

:cheerleader: Old thread :cheerleader:

Back