Fallen Bike....need help!

mynewride

Registered
hello all, i have a new 08 busa. it is orange and black. the damn thing fell over this morning in my drive and messed up the whole clutch side. i need a new clutch lever, bar end, upper and lower fairing, inner besel above upper fairing, ram air cover, magnito cover, foot peg, mirror and muffler.

the estimate from mid america powersports was 3180 parts and 390 labor.

what i would like to know is who makes a good single sided exhaust. also i would like to know who might make rearsets and footpegs. i also know that someone makes a killer aftermarket clutch and front brake lever setup, i just dont remember who. does anyone make a cool billit magnito cover?

so if anyone has mint factory plastics or where to get them cheaper than this please let me know. this is a list of parts and costs of parts i would like to replace with aftermarket stuff.

muffler.....$1060
clutch lever.....$70
mirror.....$80
bar ends.....$39
foot pegs.....$58
magnito cover....$69

thanks for your help !:banghead:

These are my favorite goodies:

Pazzo Racing stubby levers Pazzoracing.com
M4 single sided exhaust is as sweet as they come and I got an extra 7 ponies with the full system. (m4exhaust.com)
Vortex rear sets and case cover (Vortex.com)

Pipes023.jpg

It sounds like you did more than drop it in your driveway. I hope you didn't injure yourself!

You dropped it, and messed up the clutch side, and you need a magneto cover? If you are looking for a magneto cover, try a Woodcraft. They fit just as nicely as stock.

For your plastics, stick with the OEM stuff. It will all fit, and line up correctly, plus it comes ready to assemble; with paint, and decals, it's ready to install.

Pazzo Racing makes great levers with a variety of color combinations. Vortex rearsets bolt right up, but don't come with a stock style brake switch set up (as far as I know).

There's a multitude of choices for all the parts you need. Hit up the site sponsors for some suggestions and price quotes.

Good luck, and hurry up with those repairs!
:beerchug:

sorry about your bad luck. looking at your list of things, it must have been pretty hard fall.
for what it cost to replace one side exhaust, might as well get you a full system, you will gain power and lose about 35 pounds.
if you are using your insurance, might as well replace it with stock parts.
if it is out of your pocket try ebay.
good luck

any pics?

Sorry to hear about your Busa; I've got an '05, so can't really help with parts. You should look to our sponsors for some great prices.

That sucks, bro! Check with vman1300 (Kevin) for prices on stock stuff. Pazzos for levers and maybe get thepushercg to make you a clear cover. As was said get a WoodCraft stator cover for sure.

I have the clutch lever off my '08 (set w/brakes), as well as the stock exhaust.

Oh, yeah...forgot. I put ASV shorty/black lever sets on both my '06LE and my '08. Love them.

Let me know if you need something.

Scar

Last edited:
> $1k for a muffler !!! You may want to consider putting a new full exhaust for that price...Yosh R77 will cost most likely less. You will shed ~34lbs of unwanted weight and gain a bit better performance. If you go this route and keep the baffle in the Yosh you don't need a PC mapping device. Just install the new pipe and run.

Where are you located I have some spare parts we can mul a price over but the highest cost would be shipping the muffler. But agree with the previous post I have a set of Yosh TRS on mine and love them. Both slip ons $700

> $1k for a muffler !!! You may want to consider putting a new full exhaust for that price...Yosh R77 will cost most likely less. You will shed ~34lbs of unwanted weight and gain a bit better performance. If you go this route and keep the baffle in the Yosh you don't need a PC mapping device. Just install the new pipe and run.

+1 - in fact u did yourself a favour by trashing the std muffler :rofl:

If you do decide to go with the stock cans maybe it would be a good time to get them shortened, give me a PM. Check with BLU88 I believe he has an extra set.

Last edited:
OK for a driveway drop you likely dont need new plastics but a good painter to repair. Are any of the plastics cracked?
The exhaust is easy to find cheap from other owners or on ebay and this gets changed out by a high percentage of owners. Steet cost $100 or less for the one can. You can get full systems from Yosh for $700-900 if you want to spend the money.
Levers - Pazzos
Foot Pegs - Buell pegs or lost of aftermarket choices.
Stator cover - ebay

For NEW OEM parts I use Ron Ayers.

Post up some pics of the carnage, lots of peeps here with parts.

Back