Fall is here

BusaBret

Almost......
Donating Member
Registered
Just wondering if there were any hunters on here. I have seen several posts on guns but not hunting. I know this isn't a hunting forum. Just curios!

I hunt . At the local FoodLion..
jump9.gif

For real though used to hunt shot my first and only deer at age 17 . After that just didnt see the point in it anymore . Kind of doesnt seem fair sit in stand hide form deer he walks up blow him away . Not much of a challenge. Could be relaxing I guess while you are waiting . But cant condone sitting in a stand in 20 degree weather for 3 or 4 hours to shoot something that cant fight back . I in no way look down on anyone who does hunt , to each his own . My whole family hunts . I just dont get into it anymore..Now I would like to try and wild boar hunt with a bow and arrow now that would be a challenge .

yeah just get up in tree and shoot deer where did u go the zoo thats the only place that might happen ibeen deer hunting for 15 years , bow, gun, smokepole , and to kill a mature buck is a lot harder than ridin a busa or any thing u probably could think up

I sustenance hunt once a year, have done a lot of stalks on Mules, and been up to 15' with the bow, but cant bring myself to shoot a female. I havent been drawn for a mule buck yet, and WT bucks are open game. I harvest a wt buck every year for meat with my rifle. This year will be the first in 3 that I am not going to have a chance, I am building a shop right now and have to get it done before the snow flies.
Sucks though, a LOT of the world record bucks shot are from a couple miles away from here. (North-Eastern Alberta)

(bradsbusa @ Oct. 07 2006,11:19) yeah just get up in tree and shoot deer where did u go the zoo thats the only place that might happen ibeen deer hunting for 15 years , bow, gun, smokepole , and to kill a mature buck is a lot harder than ridin a busa or any thing u probably could think up
ok so am I wrong lets see . Go buy 200.00 worth of camo then go get a 2.00 orange vest so it will stand out like a sore thumb .Buy a 700.00 gun (i can condone this being I collect them) Get up before dark and walk a mile in the woods carry in your stand or have one preplanned and placed climb up sit down and wait and shiver and wait and be still so you dont scare them away oh forgot if your really into it you can prebait the area with apples corn or the likes to try and get the deer used to coming by that spot just remove it before you get in the stand or you will get a ticket for hunting ever a baited stand . ok so now we are sitting there now what . We wait till a unarmed deer walks by and blow his head off Boy that is sport .
Look I am not knocking people that hunt that is the right in this country just like I might do things that otheres dont agree with .It is just not for me dont see the thrill in sitting in a stand and waiting for him to walk by . Oh guess I could go buy me a pack of dogs and turn them loose then go and wait for the dogs to run them to me that would be easier..( but still not a sport)
To me a sport is going to Colorado horse back riding in the mountains then getting off horse and walk until you can try and sneak up on one then with a Bow shoot him . At least he has a fair chance . If you want to brag about dropping a Buck from 500 yards go to a shooting range and shoot targets . If you do hunt as a food source as stated above that changes everything you are providing for your family and not just killing to be killing..
Now if you are a hunter who goes out and shoots as many deer as he can just to say he has done it these comments are for you..
I would love to go and shoot a Bear , tiger , elk and so on But sense my family does not eat wild meat (i do ) i cant condone killing one just for sport . I can shoot a targets for that . So dont take any of these comments personal This is my opinion and we all know what that means .Everyone has one...
guns.gif

\ P.S. Dont know where or how you ride but take that Busa to the Dragon and try and keep up with the 600's and Motards and tell me Hunting is harder. Dont know about you but I would think that riding a Bike fast and safe is Harder then hunting..At least the way I ride is . That deer cant kill you but a stupid mistake at 170 and your toast...

I grew up hunting..love it. I actually go more to have fun with my buddies...hiking around in the woods...sittin' around the campfire at night..etc..

Unfortunately the career I chose does not give me enough time to hunt much anymore....I do miss it tho..

now where talking i could do that you all hunt and ill hang out
at the camp and keep the fire warm. And guard the cooler
jump9.gif

Bow season for Whitetails started here in Wisconsin a few weeks ago and Turkey season started last Sun. I have no luck with either yet, but my trail camera's show some prospects.

I let the deer come visit now, I give them kind-of-a-safezone. Use to hunt, now I hunt the coyote that hunt them. Got one last week. night, on the move, about 270yds. out. Makes #34 or 35.

oh yeah- I have shot THOUSANDS of gophers, best ever was 2 of us shooting 4000+ ini a weekend. It got to be gross.

I haven't hunted in years,.....but

The way I look at it, every deer eradicated is one less on the road for someone to hit. The overgrown forest rats do kill and/or injure countless motorcyclists every year. So much for being "harmless creatures of the forest".

Kill -em-all and let Walt Disney sort em out.
guns.gif

Chris

(NCBusa2001 @ Oct. 08 2006,01:50) I haven't hunted in years,.....but

The way I look at it, every deer eradicated is one less on the road for someone to hit. The overgrown forest rats do kill and/or injure countless motorcyclists every year. So much for being "harmless creatures of the forest".

guns.gif

Chris
thats one way to look at it . But if you think about it. they where here before the roads all the Growth of the world has pushed all the animals out of the forest and into our path . So you have to ask yourself who's fault is it really ours or there's.
They have just as much right here as we do . And i would be willing to bet that more motorcycles are killed from stupid cagers and drunks then to animals..

(BusaSamurai @ Oct. 08 2006,03:07)
(NCBusa2001 @ Oct. 08 2006,01:50) I haven't hunted in years,.....but

The way I look at it, every deer eradicated is one less on the road for someone to hit.  The overgrown forest rats do kill and/or injure countless motorcyclists every year.  So much for being "harmless creatures of the forest".  

guns.gif

Chris
thats one way to look at it . But if you think about it. they where here before the roads all the Growth of the world has pushed all the animals out of the forest and into our path . So you have to ask yourself who's fault is it really ours or there's.
 They have just as much right here as we do . And i would be willing to bet that more motorcycles are killed from stupid cagers and drunks then to animals..
question: What did the hindu say to the hot dog vendor?

answer: "Make me one with everything"

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

This is NOT what I intended starting this thread. I was just wondering who else on here might also enjoy my other passion.

Busa Samurai

You miss the point. To some people hunting is more than killing an animal. It is more like getting to see the sunrise every morning in a "wild" setting. Also to get to enjoy the natural world in a natural setting.To me at least for the last 5 years it has been my son and myself's time to ourselves. We would go hunting and talk about girls and school and football and whatever else came across his mind. Now that he has turned 16 and is going his on way some of the time those times in the woods or feild hunting is even more precious to me.
I also supply meat to at least 1/2 dozen families that are on very limited incomes and this makes up a vast majority of their groceries. I do this at my expense to help them. My family as well uses the game we take as the biggest part of our yearly meat purchases.. To us this meat is alot better than the steroid rich meat substitute found at the local grocery store. Please do not make this into something it is not.

I will not post anything to do with this lifestyle again on this board. I am sorry to have offended anyone.

I am worthless the last 3 months of the year. I live to hunt. Bow started Sept. 30 and rifle starts Nov. 4 That's just the deer, I started shooting the shotgun Sept 1 at fast flying doves.
guns.gif

I prefer bow hunting for the skill thats needed and like box blind hunting for the comfort.

(BusaBret @ Oct. 08 2006,06:51) This is NOT what I intended starting this thread. I was just wondering who else on here might also enjoy my other passion.

Busa Samurai

You miss the point. To some people hunting is more than killing an animal. It is more like getting to see the sunrise every morning in a "wild" setting. Also to get to enjoy the natural world in a natural setting.To me at least for the last 5 years it has been my son and myself's time to ourselves. We would go hunting and talk about girls and school and football and whatever else came across his mind. Now that he has turned 16 and is going his on way some of the time those times in the woods or feild hunting is even more precious to me.
I also supply meat to at least 1/2 dozen families that are on very limited incomes and this makes up a vast majority of their groceries. I do this at my expense to help them. My family as well uses the game we take as the biggest part of our yearly meat purchases.. To us this meat is alot better than the steroid rich meat substitute found at the local grocery store. Please do not make this into something it is not.

I will not post anything to do with this lifestyle again on this board. I am sorry to have offended anyone.
just read this.  If someone is offended by hunting they need to be reminded of where food came from before we had grocery stores and fast food chains where meat that is sold there comes from animals that are kept in pins until they are needed for slaughter.

(BusaBret @ Oct. 08 2006,03:51) This is NOT what I intended starting this thread. I was just wondering who else on here might also enjoy my other passion.

Busa Samurai

Bret....don't let the holier than thou types of life crush yer spirit...you know what they say about "opinions"...yet everyone has a right to express themselves...so?..let me see if i can get this thread back on track...

This is my pops...last year....at our working mans hunt'in lease in eufala, alabama....

HUNT1.jpg

and this is a shot of "my top secret honey hole" taken from my tree top perch...

HUNT2.jpg

and this is me...last year...

HUNT3.jpg

and with gods help (my pops is gett'in old) we head out again this year....Nov. 16th....an we'll be up there with great friends...get this...old friends...so old?...that i've been married for 16 years...and have NEVER spent a thanksgiving dinner with my wife...which was a non-written prenump before we ever got married...so?...she understands.
biggrin.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

(BusaBret @ Oct. 08 2006,09:51) This is NOT what I intended starting this thread. I was just wondering who else on here might also enjoy my other passion.

Busa Samurai

Man look at the Shxx i can start maybe that is why RSD tagged me the # 1 Instagator ..
I by know means knock anyone for hunting . My whole family does it I choose not to . I choose other hobby's . Nothing wrong with anyone that hunts as I have already stated many times . I was refering to the idiots who go out and kill to be killing . Have friend I ride with who is a DNR officer and you would not believe on how many people go out shoot a Deer cut his rack off and leave the rest there. Have fun it is nice to have a passion and is a good way to get away and spend time with your kids friends or family . Just respect the animals. eat what you shoot (unless it walks on 2 legs)<--thats funny right there dont give a dang who you are< Or donate it to the people that need it ..I would love to go ELK hunting in Colarodo i love the wilderness and camping . Would like to try and Dove hunt but I probably couldnt hit the broad side of the barn..There is just some bad apples out there that make it hard on everyone else .. My dad taught me and I taught my son 's it is there choice if they want to continue it not mine..
So by all means if you have a idea and want to post it go for it . That is what this board is for . Its always good to have a debate. People take things to seriously and take them out of context . So if I offended anyone or came across wrong I apoligize..
Peace Out....

(BusaSamurai @ Oct. 08 2006,04:57)
(BusaBret @ Oct. 08 2006,09:51) This is NOT what I intended starting this thread. I was just wondering who else on here might also enjoy my other passion.

Busa Samurai

Man look at the Shxx i can start maybe that is why RSD tagged me the # 1 Instagator ..
         I by know means knock anyone for hunting . My whole family does it I choose not to . I choose other hobby's . Nothing wrong with anyone that hunts as I have already stated many times . I was refering to the idiots who go out and kill to be killing . Have friend I ride with who is a DNR officer and you would not believe on how many people go out shoot a Deer cut his rack off and leave the rest there.  Have fun it is nice to have a passion and is a good way to get away and spend time with your kids friends or family . Just respect the animals. eat  what you shoot (unless it walks on 2 legs)<--thats funny right there dont give a dang who you are< Or donate it to the people that need it ..I would love to go ELK hunting in Colarodo i love the wilderness and camping . Would like to try and Dove hunt but I probably couldnt hit the broad side of the barn..There is just some bad apples out there that make it hard on everyone else .. My dad taught me and I taught my son 's it is there choice if they want to continue it not mine..
  So by all means if you have a idea and want to post it go for it . That is what this board is for . Its always good to have a debate.  People take things to seriously and take them out of context . So if I offended anyone or came across wrong I apoligize..
                                             Peace Out....
BusaSamurai....i would've liked to believe your chosen screen name might infer you to be a study of the martial arts...placing a higher value on the virtues of placing such things such as peace, tranquilty and the harmonious interaction between man and nature in which the survivalist art of cleanly and affectively harvesting game in a legal mannor has not been lost in these fast food modern times...thusly placing such hunting skills/discipline and the men who practice such on far higher socially moral ground than the skills required to publically criticize those who still know how and practice or are learning the art of hunting and honing their abilities to provide for themselves and others at the most basic of levels..being their brothers keeper rather than their brothers humiliator.

as for those who poach and/or trophy hunt for racks only or chose to harvest their game in other than moral, ethical or legal means?....such as the example you cite of sawed off racks and left carcuses?...what can i say?...motyorcycling has it's squids as well as does "The Art Of Hunting".

But then again?...look at the numbers of cleanly and legally taken game each and every year..and i'm certain the number of scumbags chopping racks is far far lower..while the fees generated from legal hunters serves to pay and employ your DNR bud...and?...buy air dropped feed to reduce the horiffic "Winter Kills" that take place on occassion in our northern most states annnd?...pay all your DNR buds working partners across the nation to...well?...look after all the beasts of the forrests througout the season...policing them from harms way and poachers.

It's urban sprawl taht's most damaging..not hunters or the nearly lost art form they enjoy and preserve to hand down from generation too generation.

Have a nice day
biggrin.gif
...L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

(JINKSTER @ Oct. 08 2006,14:26)
(BusaSamurai @ Oct. 08 2006,04:57)

Busa Samurai

I by know means knock anyone for hunting . My whole family does it I choose not to . I choose other hobby's . Nothing wrong with anyone that hunts as I have already stated many times . I was refering to the idiots who go out and kill to be killing . Have friend I ride with who is a DNR officer and you would not believe on how many people go out shoot a Deer cut his rack off and leave the rest there.  Have fun it is nice to have a passion and is a good way to get away and spend time with your kids friends or family . Just respect the animals. eat  what you shoot (unless it walks on 2 legs)<--thats funny right there dont give a dang who you are< Or donate it to the people that need it ..I would love to go ELK hunting in Colarodo i love the wilderness and camping . Would like to try and Dove hunt but I probably couldnt hit the broad side of the barn..There is just some bad apples out there that make it hard on everyone else .. My dad taught me and I taught my son 's it is there choice if they want to continue it not mine..
  So by all means if you have a idea and want to post it go for it . That is what this board is for . Its always good to have a debate.  People take things to seriously and take them out of context . So if I offended anyone or came across wrong I apoligize..
                                             Peace Out....
BusaSamurai....i would've liked to believe your chosen screen name might infer you to be a study of the martial arts...placing a higher value on the virtues of placing such things such as peace, tranquilty and the harmonious interaction between man and nature in which the survivalist art of cleanly and affectively harvesting game in a legal mannor has not been lost in these fast food modern times...thusly placing such hunting skills/discipline and the men who practice such on far higher socially moral ground than the skills required to publically criticize those who still know how and practice or are learning the art of hunting and honing their abilities to provide for themselves and others at the most basic of levels..being their brothers keeper rather than their brothers humiliator.

as for those who poach and/or trophy hunt for racks only or chose to harvest their game in other than moral, ethical or legal means?....such as the example you cite of sawed off racks and left carcuses?...what can i say?...motyorcycling has it's squids as well as does "The Art Of Hunting".

But then again?...look at the numbers of cleanly and legally taken game each and every year..and i'm certain the number of scumbags chopping racks is far far lower..while the fees generated from legal hunters serves to pay and employ your DNR bud...and?...buy air dropped feed to reduce the horiffic "Winter Kills" that take place on occassion in our northern most states annnd?...pay all your DNR buds working partners across the nation to...well?...look after all the beasts of the forrests througout the season...policing them from harms way and poachers.

It's urban sprawl taht's most damaging..not hunters or the nearly lost art form they enjoy and preserve to hand down from generation too generation.

Have a nice day
biggrin.gif
...L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
Well said and no argument here..And that is my philosophy I just need to learn on how to better communicate it instead of stepping on toes. As i said earlier I had no ill intentions and there is always bad apples in everything. I will have to learn wax on wax off and keep my mouth still..
bowdown.gif

Back