Fall is here

No problems here BusaSamurai!! I have never been Elk hunting but would love to go. Planning on a hunting trip out west in a couple years as a graduation present for my son.

Jinkster,

That's what I was talking about. Time with family or friends. Taking any animal is just an added bonus.

Picture009.jpg

My Dad,my son and myself with my Dad's best from last season in Hamilton Al.

Picture011.jpg

my son with 1 of 5 he got last year!

I can only hope and wait to see how much he is gonna hunt this year. Spending alot more time chasing the 2 legged variety now.

NJ,

Some good bear hunting in your neck of the woods(North Carolina) ever do any??

(BusaBret @ Oct. 08 2006,09:54) Jinkster,

That's what I was talking about. Time with family or friends. Taking any animal is just an added bonus.

Picture009.jpg

My Dad,my son and myself with my Dad's best from last season in Hamilton Al.

Picture011.jpg

my son with 1 of 5 he got last year!

I can only hope and wait to see how much he is gonna hunt this year. Spending alot more time chasing the 2 legged variety now.
That's cool Bret....and i can't wait to get back to alabama...the land of insulated camo coveralls and orange hats....and picking up the pungent odor of tarsel glands where big boy scrapped or bedded down....or the bright color of virgin wood and fresh shavings from a rub.....then up goes the stand...or the smell of a fresh coat of rig on my .444 for opening morning...and trying to ignore the bees as i dress out my deer.
laugh.gif

BTW...we hunt a lease in Barbour County...and for the past two years we've been placed under a "Three Points On One Side" minimum....and oddly enough?...barbour county was like "The Only County" that passed this law last year...word id their trying to build their herds into becoming a "Trophy Status" county...but in the meantime?...it makes the hunt'in tough...as i actually prefer harvesting the younger ones...sweeter meat.
biggrin.gif
can't eat the horns!
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

laugh.gif

I hear ya on the little ones. Give me a yearling doe anytime. Actually I have only killed 2 bucks the last 2 seasons. I have heard that about a few southern counties wanting to improve trophy status and I have also heard they are just wanting a larger doe harvest. It's hard to change the ingrained mentallity of letting all the does walk that some of the older geberation has. I can remember hunting an entire season and only seeing a handful of deer so I guess I can understand their way of thinking on saving for the future but if the numbers aren't kept in check now Mother Nature will get them under control and we all know she can be very cruel.

A 444 holy cow!! You need to get a bigger gun!LOL!!

(BusaBret @ Oct. 08 2006,10:24) A 444 holy cow!! You need to get a bigger gun!LOL!!
i know...cause actually it's only 37 1/2"s long from buttpad to muzzle...but it makes it real managable in the stand and fast handling on the way there....also?...over the years i've seen many good hunters place some very good hits on a lot of deer and still?..lose'im..sucky bullet performance from .06's, .270's, .308's...well?...with the .444?...the caliber performs so the bullet doesn't have to!
laugh.gif

Lotsa Frontal Area ='s Tremedous Body Shock....nice clean kills...9 outta 10 drop in their shadow and the tenth?...leaves a blood trail stevey wonder could follow!
laugh.gif
looking like someone ran through the woods with a blow can of krylon red.
laugh.gif

and i like that....fast handling, humane and affective as he11.
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

(BusaBret @ Oct. 08 2006,06:51) This is NOT what I intended starting this thread. I was just wondering who else on here might also enjoy my other passion.

Busa Samurai

You miss the point. To some people hunting is more than killing an animal. It is more like getting to see the sunrise every morning in a "wild" setting. Also to get to enjoy the natural world in a natural setting.To me at least for the last 5 years it has been my son and myself's time to ourselves. We would go hunting and talk about girls and school and football and whatever else came across his mind. Now that he has turned 16 and is going his on way some of the time those times in the woods or feild hunting is even more precious to me.
I also supply meat to at least 1/2 dozen families that are on very limited incomes and this makes up a vast majority of their groceries. I do this at my expense to help them. My family as well uses the game we take as the biggest part of our yearly meat purchases.. To us this meat is alot better than the steroid rich meat substitute found at the local grocery store. Please do not make this into something it is not.

I will not post anything to do with this lifestyle again on this board. I am sorry to have offended anyone.
YOU POST WHATEVER YOU WANT!
zzwhip.gif

don't let yellow bellied tree hugging tofu farting dingleberries dictate what you want to talk about, it is an interesting thread. Let them go eat a soy burger.

I just love people that drink milk from nice clean cartons, not some dirty old cow!

It's nice to talk about hunting, I dont have time this year, at least I can maybe see some stories about the big record bucks that are harvested this year.

And yes, they have as much right to be here as we do, but if they werent supposed to be eaten, they should not have been made of meat!

(Ken02busa @ Oct. 08 2006,19:24)
(BusaBret @ Oct. 08 2006,06:51) This is NOT what I intended starting this thread. I was just wondering who else on here might also enjoy my other passion.

Busa Samurai

You miss the point. To some people hunting is more than killing an animal. It is more like getting to see the sunrise every morning in a "wild" setting. Also to get to enjoy the natural world in a natural setting.To me at least for the last 5 years it has been my son and myself's time to ourselves. We would go hunting and talk about girls and school and football and whatever else came across his mind. Now that he has turned 16 and is going his on way some of the time those times in the woods or feild hunting is even more precious to me.
I also supply meat to at least 1/2 dozen families that are on very limited incomes and this makes up a vast majority of their groceries. I do this at my expense to help them. My family as well uses the game we take as the biggest part of our yearly meat purchases.. To us this meat is alot better than the steroid rich meat substitute found at the local grocery store. Please do not make this into something it is not.

I will not post anything to do with this lifestyle again on this board. I am sorry to have offended anyone.
YOU POST WHATEVER YOU WANT!
zzwhip.gif

don't let yellow bellied tree hugging tofu farting dingleberries dictate what you want to talk about, it is an interesting thread. Let them go eat a soy burger.

I just love people that drink milk from nice clean cartons, not some dirty old cow!

It's nice to talk about hunting, I dont have time this year, at least I can maybe see some stories about the big record bucks that are harvested this year.

And yes, they have as much right to be here as we do, but if they werent supposed to be eaten, they should not have been made of meat!
Dont get heated up now I said I agreed with hunting evidently you read only what you wanted .And as far as being made of meat .That must be why we are in IRAQ there made of meat too.
guns.gif

And just so you know I grew up on a farm . Raised all kinds of animals for food . And have drank milk straight from the utter to a dirty glass . and by no means am i a animal activists. Guess I will drop out of this one to many toes getting stepped on....
redcomprs2.gif
poke.gif
zzwhip.gif

zzwhip.gif

(BusaSamurai @ Oct. 08 2006,16:35) Dont get heated up now I said I agreed with hunting evidently you read only what you wanted .And as far as being made of meat .That must be why we are in IRAQ there made of meat too.
guns.gif

And just so you know I grew up on a farm . Raised all kinds of animals for food . And have drank milk straight from the utter to a dirty glass . and by no means am i a animal activists.   Guess I will drop out of this one to many toes getting stepped on....
redcomprs2.gif

poke.gif

zzwhip.gif
Are you saying Deer are made of meat in Iraq....or Iraqi's? What point are you trying to make? We were talking about sustenance hunting and you have to jump in about sucking on teats and humans made of meat?

Wow talk about a nonsensical segway there.

I enjoy hunting Deer. It is all I have tried so far.

Let this guy walk this morning
smile.gif

CDY_0121.jpg

Trail Camera pic of him about 4 weeks ago.

I get out of bed every morning and go to work so that I may have the funds to hunt, fish and ride on the weekends.  From October 1 till December 31 and maybe further if needed, I never miss a weekend in the woods.

(mzrsq @ Oct. 08 2006,19:57) Let this guy walk this morning
smile.gif

CDY_0121.jpg

Trail Camera pic of him about 4 weeks ago.

I get out of bed every morning and go to work so that I may have the funds to hunt, fish and ride on the weekends.  From October 1 till December 31 and maybe further if needed, I never miss a weekend in the woods.
NIce deer! In about another year or two you won't be letting him walk! Good hunting and shoot straight!

My daughter Halie hunts with me. She killed a 10 pointer when she was 11 years old, her first deer, and has killed on each year since, last year it was a 7 pointer that dressed out at 155 lbs. Gun season starts here in 2 more weekends. I love sitting in the stand with her and watching the sun come up, the squirls come out to play, and sometimes try to get into the tree stand with ya, and just the conversations we have together. Here is a pic of her first deer if it will load. This was the highest point in all my days hunting.
She can shoot a pretty close group with her riffle, a Remington model 7, .260, with a Leupold VX3, 3.5X10X40 scope.

Halies_10_pointer_002_50_.JPG

GB05,

Heck of a nice first deer. Congrats to her and you. I don't know about you but seeing my son get his first completely changed the way I hunt and get ready to hunt. Hope you both have a good season this year. Hope she gets an even better one.

(BusaBret @ Oct. 10 2006,07:28) GB05,

Heck of a nice first deer. Congrats to her and you. I don't know about you but seeing my son get his first completely changed the way I hunt and get ready to hunt. Hope you both have a good season this year. Hope she gets an even better one.
Thanks. Good luck to you and your son this season also. Opening day is the 21st, I cant wait to get out in the cool morning air and watch the woods come alive.

Hope ya have an awesome season,

Tim.

Back