Fairing Screens??

I used JB Weld stick from another post on here and it worked like a dream. My screens were prefitted so i didn't have all of the other messing around to do. But, with the JB Weld those screens could take a bullet ann won't come off.

There is a guy on ebay with very nice screens ---check out the gold --i used high temp epoxy --worked perfect --took about ten minutes of holding in place and then done!

Attachments

• GOLD SCREENS.bmp
    1.4 MB · Views: 925
As far as I know he use aluminum Lowes Gutter screens for his powdercoated screens, I use chromed steel mesh under powder. My screens just $11 more and lifetime warranty and will last forever.
It`s up to you to decide. :beerchug:

I bought the preformed galvanized screens from PPM and they came with a 5 minute epoxy. Worked like a dream and fits perfect. Definately the way to go......:beerchug:

I whent to lowes found some gutter screen for 8$ bent away and oh advise dont fud with glues use some fiberglass jelly it will hold much stronger and take way less time to set up...when bending over the hard angles and corners cut the edges - making slices about 1/4 inch apart then as u bend you can over lap or spread the cut edges to bend they way you want them to...if you do this right it will only take u an hour

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

just finshed mine and you need enough clamps and the right glue/epoxy! Used 1min epoxy and goop. FYI , 1 min isn't enough time to do multiple ones UNLESS u have everything clamped and waiting. 2 tubes of epoxy and one goop.

Next time I'll try making those cuts every 1/4"!!
Posted via Mobile Device

There is a guy on ebay with very nice screens ---check out the gold --i used high temp epoxy --worked perfect --took about ten minutes of holding in place and then done!

Can I place an order? I want those EXACT screens.:please: Impossible to find bro...PM me

i did my screens a few weeks ago, but i bought pre-foarmed and cut screens from ebay, fit perfectly and just used some epoxy to stick them in... total time was about 30 min with the epoxy dryed

Who on eBay ? There are a few of them. I think I found some for abot 70.00, but still shopping.

this didnt take me no time. takes longer to change the oil lol just leave a little extra and molds up in seconds. i used thin metal strips and used a high temp epoxy and glued them all where i wanted. molded the screens and simply layed them down and folded the tabs over then glued that side down. easy and super fast!!! over 7 months and not one strip is loose..

I brought some mesh from a local hardware store, took the fairings off and cut it to shape using pliers, i left about an inch around the edges and then cut 'V' shapes into it to bend it back behind the fairing. I used araldyte to fix it in place, hot melt glue is fine in the top vents but the bottom vents get too hot because of the exhaust headers being right behind them, which will melt the glue and they will end up falling off. It took me about an hour to cut the mesh to shape and about an hour to fit.

I've done the mod and it definitely an all morning mod. As BigBS mentioned forming the scren is the hardest part. I formed it, set glue to the fairing then set the scren in place, set duct tape over it, then waited for it to dry. The duct tape simply gave the glue something to hold to while it dried, then its removed.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back