Fairing Removal Question (Frustrated!!)

No need to lift gas tank or anything. Sux it's broken. I remove all allen screws first, then all push pins. Separate the front fairing area. bottom part of the side fairing from the underwing, then lift that one section that's broken in your pic and pull up. Comes apart like a charm everytime.

I just stumbled onto this, my "new posts" button seems to ignore some activity... the key in removing this is to LIFT UP and not PULL OUT. Like someone above said (sky?) put some white lithium spray grease on the pin in the rubber seat for future. I'd suggest that the gen three use some pins like we used to hold car hoods down back in the day, this does not need to be such a pita.

Everyone please listen.... I found the easiest way to remove the fairings.....

Go to the plumbing store and get a tube of o-ring Silicone grease.... it's made for rubber (regular grease is not)

Use it on ALL the contact points on the fairings. Even where the fairings snap together to each other.... when you go to remove the fairings they will come apart like butter. They will not come undone while riding... It works PERIOD...

Where the fairing is against the side of the gas tank, that area must be lifted up to dislodge the pin from the grommet, then pull out wards and down to dislodge the fairing from the headlight fairing.... with the silicone grease they come apart with ease...

put the grease on ALL the contact points, not just the grommets....

Thanks for the help everyone. Big E came by yesterday and managed to get out off and gave me a few tips as well. Great guy!!

When you reassemble it put some grease on the grommets, and they will separate much easier later!

Also dont forget the hidden screw under the dash panels, attached to the ram air tube!
Once you remove the dash panels they is a screw on each side,

I lost the plug later when riding...
Those f***ers always fall out....especially they get pushed in the ram air tubes...(off topic, I have a solution for that but lets solve this guys problem).

jt, when you remove fairings, you have to first take out all of the screws and all pushpins. Then pull the side projections from the grommets. Last thing, pull up on the top projection(That is the one you are having trouble with ). Then wiggle the whole thing up and down until it lets go of the nose.
Everything you need is right here>
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-ii-busa-information/127746-gen2-hayabusa-fairing-tutorial-videos-w-pics.html

If you want to salvage the fairings with broken projections, I would use as it as is. I doubt if glue would hold up to removal and installation. You could try drilling and installing a push pin there that would ancor to the same bracket.

That soft plastic piece that runs along the side of the fuel tank will run you about $100, I'm sure.

If you want to salvage the fairings with broken projections, I would use as it as is. I doubt if glue would hold up to removal and installation. You could try drilling and installing a push pin there that would ancor to the same bracket.

Years ago, I had a Goldwing and it was very common to break off the plastic pieces that went into rubber grommets. When it happened, I used a trick that I read about in Motorcycle Consumer News. When you glue the broken tab back on the fairing plastic, use Krazy Glue and sprinkle some baking powder onto the glue before reattaching the parts. The chemical reaction of the glue, baking powder and ABS plastic will make the piece stronger than when it was new.

I used it on various tabs that weakened and broke while riding the bike over 150,000 miles and no tab that I ever glued ever broke a second time.

This is exactly why im taking my bike to a shop to get my new exhaust put on..I removed my fairings one time..F that..I got it all back on but wasa major pita. I would rather just pay someone with better patience than me lol

Back