Fairing Piece Availability??..

HillbillyTom

Donating Member
Registered
Have collected all the plastic to rebuild the Busa now, except for one piece.. the right side fairing.
Ebay is full of all the other parts, can pick and chose. But that one part is very rare for some reason. Only see one every now and then, and usually rashed as bad (or worse) as what I have, and going for $199 plus shipping.
The one I have can probably be fixed, and will be if I can't find a replacement by spring.
Just wonder what you all think would be the reason for the scarcity of this one item. Would think it would be the left side plastic that would be rare from kickstand fall overs, but no.:confused:

i dont know but i always felt more comfortable leaning to the left, maybe other riders do to and tend to low side more when goin into a right hand turn, which in turn would cause for more right hand plastics destroyed:dunno:

Have collected all the plastic to rebuild the Busa now, except for one piece.. the right side fairing.
Ebay is full of all the other parts, can pick and chose. But that one part is very rare for some reason. Only see one every now and then, and usually rashed as bad (or worse) as what I have, and going for $199 plus shipping.
The one I have can probably be fixed, and will be if I can't find a replacement by spring.
Just wonder what you all think would be the reason for the scarcity of this one item. Would think it would be the left side plastic that would be rare from kickstand fall overs, but no.:confused:

I have a complete right side off of 2009. It is Grey/Silver. Let me know if it is the right year for you . It has some slight nicks on both of the pieces. You cannot see it from 10 feet away. I purchased new ones because it just has to be perfect or Im not happy. Just anal I guess. I will take close up pics if needed. I still have the old one on the bike and the new still sitting in the wrapper. No time to change out. It has all the heat shields still on it.

DSC00527.JPG

If it comes down to you wanting to buy a brand new OEM piece, here's the part number and price:

94407-24FA0-YKY RH cowling blue
$489.99

Back