Fairing CUTS for turbo?

BigRod1300

Registered
Working on reinstalling my fairngs now. I know I but the right for the dump pipes, and the left for the filter. BUT......should I be needing to cut/ trim the upper vent opening on the left fairing to clear the up pipe????

Seen that post up before. Cutting on the right side for the dumps is done. Need to get my pipes welded up than I can clean up the cut lines.

Gen I or Gen II? I know you need to cut the vent opening for the up pipe on a Gen II and also the inside upper cover that sits above the exhaust. I also had to trim the black plastic panels inside by the radiator since the bottom of the radiator is swung out about 3/4".

Steve

Gen I or Gen II? I know you need to cut the vent opening for the up pipe on a Gen II and also the inside upper cover that sits above the exhaust. I also had to trim the black plastic panels inside by the radiator since the bottom of the radiator is swung out about 3/4".

Steve

GenI. yea had to trim the inner side of the plastic by the radiator....only due to the heat exchanger of the lig/air intercooler. Only about 1/2" of it at the top thu.

My rough cutting for the new 3" dump pipe. Ill clean up the edges once the pipe is welded and inplace.

The second pic is where my turbo up pipe is in relation to the fairing to be CUT.

DSC00745.jpg

DSC00746.jpg

It seems that I ended up cutting more than I initally thought. Going slow and testing the panel, although a pain, will get the best results.

It seems that I ended up cutting more than I initally thought. Going slow and testing the panel, although a pain, will get the best results.

+1000 on that. I have always been a very simetrical balanced guy. Having to cut the upper vent on the left side now for the up pipe.....Im thinking of cutting the right side as well. WHY....for a balanced look and make NEW screens, and I need a place for a new coolant tank. The OSD made me relocate the orig GenI....and now with the fuel pump / filter under the tank....I have to move yet again what I had. With the right upper vent cut sim, I can attach a slim 2-1/8 x 10 inch coolant tank ...sim location to the up pipe on the left side.

Did anyone remember seeing on SuperBikes bikes last year...they showed a Dayton epicode where a builder made a black bike for Micheal Jordan. That thing had one big screen vent on each side.

My rough cutting for the new 3" dump pipe. Ill clean up the edges once the pipe is welded and inplace.

The second pic is where my turbo up pipe is in relation to the fairing to be CUT.

OOOOOOH NOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Too Late!

Back