Fair Asking price

busa-saga

Registered
this is my worst post ever...i made a decision to sell the busa :-( Need to fund my tuition and don't have time to ride.
looking for opinions what a reasonable price would be.

its a 2007 red with >40k miles. brocks exhaust (i have the stock exhaust and headers and a pair of fixable yoshi pipes), HID low and high. Gel seat. Ventura luggage rack and expandable tank back.throttle mister cruise control, less than 3k Avon tires, new brake pads.

the body has some cosmetic marks. Am was going add all my gear; helmets, jackets, gloves, etc to the final price or sell individually

cant find any recent pics right now

Most of the extras will add no value to most buyers. I've bought a few used bikes and gotten those extras but only pay what the bike itself is worth. That said, you probably won't like the market price on that bike.

Xtras are nice but the 1st thing I look for when dealing with a used bike is the miles and you got a bunch...... I see a lot of Gen1 busas selling on CL and ebay between the $5-6k range and that's with maybe 10 or 15k miles. obviously you have quite a bit more than that so I don't see you getting more than $5k with xtras included. Realistically I see it going closer to 4 than I do 5 IMO :whistle:

Both post above are right. The extras ate like a his with a pool great for the current owner but the next person is not going to pay the full price for the upgrade. Then the amount of miles. I just bought a gen 1 a few months ago and I can honestly say I would not have paid over 4500 with what you posted probably less than 4. There are plenty of low mile bikes around that year for 5000 all day long.

You can always join the military we will send you somewhere nice to ride your bike and pay for college. :)

point by point from Rubb:

the brocks is a great system,adds value
the stock exhaust and damaged cans,I give shi7 like that away free
HID's detract value for me,not a fan (they can cause issues,but some folks love them)
prefere a stock seat to a GEL seat,most folks prefere stock and modified stock to Gel's)
luggage,cruise and brake pads are a bonus:thumbsup:
New tires are nice,but seasoned Busa pilots know that new tires are like Bic lighters,they are a disposable comodity.

I dont pay an' extra nickle for someone else's worn gear. Used helmet,I would throw it away. The gloves and jacket I would sell or give away.

Extra's on bikes is a much discussed topic on the Org. Some say that mod's should bring big value to the table,others say expect 50% of price paid,others say no value or limited value.For me,if its something I want, great,but I wont pay much extra for it. Like the HID's,for me,that is a deal breaker and I would move on to one of the other thousand for sale.

I usually advise friends and family to sell the vehicle,then sell the extras seperately. If you have a potential buyer who is "on the fence" you can offer a few tidbits to sweeten the deal.

Mileage is EVERYTHING. Buyers want to know if they want out later,a sale will be no problem for them.

I just sold a 2009 with I think 7000 miles for 8 grand.

It is my friend, unfortunately a buyers market right now.

You mention imperfections...buff the krap outa the paint. You mentioned cans that can be fixed.Dont mention them to a buyer if they have rash.It says,"this bike has been down."

Focus on the positives,but dont hide the mileage in your ad,just dont mention it first.The first line is the maker or the breaker.

Dig out every receipt for oil changes and tune-ups.Try and prove that althou it's a high mile'r,it has been meticulasly cared for.

Not everybody is a mean ol' bastid like me,I wish you well in your search for an' easy going buyer.

Too bad you have to sell her. That is shi77y dude.

RSD.

Kms are racking up quick going to need a oil change soon RSD.The bike sure attracts alot of attention some good and some bad lol.
IMG_1299_zps4d3da3f2.jpg

Kms are racking up quick going to need a oil change soon RSD.The bike sure attracts alot of attention some good and some bad lol.

That is a sweet azz photo.:thumbsup: Any chance you could stop posting it...I'm having severe withdrawls over the whole deal.:banghead: :laugh:

You may want to bring that baby back to me for the oil change. I offer a free road test with all services.:whistle:

You've witnessed my technical skillz...who else are you gonna trust...:dunno:

RSD.

thanks for input guys. this weekend am gonna deep clear her real nice, set a for sale sign on her and set her up at the end of the driveway sob sob

thanks for input guys. this weekend am gonna deep clear her real nice, set a for sale sign on her and set her up at the end of the driveway sob sob

Good luck man... I've had an' easier time and less heart-ache getting rid of women,even if the kids were mine.

RSD.

leaving the bike unattended at the end of a drive way next to a road is no way to sell a Hayabusa. Even chained an locked :( Sorry for your loss

leaving the bike unattended at the end of a drive way next to a road is no way to sell a Hayabusa. Even chained an locked :( Sorry for your loss

It wont be unattended. i'll be reclined puffing on a cigar beer in hand right next to her :-)

It wont be unattended. i'll be reclined puffing on a cigar beer in hand right next to her :)

Isn't New Hampshire one of the nicer places in the U.S. where you could leave something unattended for more than 5 minutes?

Sorry, Canadian here. :dunno:

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted by Busa1166 leaving the bike unattended at the end of a drive way next to a road is no way to sell a Hayabusa. Even chained an locked :( Sorry for your loss

It wont be unattended. i'll be reclined puffing on a cigar beer in hand right next to her :)

Isn't New Hampshire one of the nicer places in the U.S. where you could leave something unattended for more than 5 minutes?

Sorry, Canadian here. :dunno:

Must be nice, down here in Miami you have to look over shoulder at stop lights to see if someone is getting out of there car to push off the bike and take it:laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
bike's been cleaned up ready to sell. just awaiting fuel filter i ordered last week.

So, how do you sell a bike? unlike a car where you can ride with someone, what collateral is left behind while the interested person goes on a bike "test drive"?

Back