failure to start. batt good, starter and relay is good F1 code C00. starts on hotwire

dante.anora

Registered
The bike is on nuetral or clutched it, red switch activated when I attempt to start the bike. When I press the start button, the light dims but no start. I checked the wires and they provide power leading to the relay, but starter relay wont even click. I hot-wired it and rode it a bit to see if it holds a charge, and it does. everything turns on as normal except starter relay wont activate the starter. I even bought a starter relay just for good measure and still wont start. I'm thinking ground, but where to start. any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

securedownload.jpg

Re: failure to start. batt good, starter and relay is good F1 code C00. starts on hot

:welcome: to the oRg. :thumbsup: Several sensors could have you including the tip over, best of luck. My best advice is to pull the free service manual and find the electrical schematic and start tracking it down. Something is holding that relay out.

Re: failure to start. batt good, starter and relay is good F1 code C00. starts on hot

I would start with the solenoid then clutch, tip over and sidestand switch, does not sound too bad - good luck.

Ed

Back