Faded inner fairings? Check out this cheap fix.

Boosted Cycle Perf

Donating Member
Site Sponsor
Registered
So as most of you know, and probably don’t believe me when I say Lucy only looks good in pictures. But believe me, rolling 18k miles she’s really showing signs of neglect.

I recently started acquiring some parts to freshen up her looks, but the inner fairings are so faded that I had to try something. Long term I’ll be replacing most of the bodywork. But at almost $200 to replace all the inner fairing parts that I’m ultimately going to sand smooth and paint, I wanted see if I could do something in the mean time.

Check out these results. At $8 a can, you can’t really go wrong. Just make sure you clean and degrease per instructions, and give ample time to dry. After 2 days of sitting, you really have to dig your nail in to scratch the paint.

some before and after.

Looks good.... wouldn't need to now but ive had good look with "back to black" . Brought back some really dull pieces with it, one of the guys I ride with cleans his bike more then he rides it (annoys the hell out of me) but he uses it on his black frame and every piece of black plastic on his gixxer and I have to say his bike is on the level of clean that @c10 and @ROADTOAD1340 bikes are honestly maybe even a little more but mainly because he doesn't ride nowhere near as much as they do. I'd say Brian put more miles on his in one trip then this guy in a full season.

Looks good.... wouldn't need to now but ive had good look with "back to black" . Brought back some really dull pieces with it, one of the guys I ride with cleans his bike more then he rides it (annoys the hell out of me) but he uses it on his black frame and every piece of black plastic on his gixxer and I have to say his bike is on the level of clean that @c10 and @ROADTOAD1340 bikes are honestly maybe even a little more but mainly because he doesn't ride nowhere near as much as they do. I'd say Brian put more miles on his in one trip then this guy in a full season.
I only have 34,000 on RJ , and there is much cleaning to do from the last dirty trip lol

:thumbsup: Back To Black in their spray can is great and much easier to use. No need to remove anything. Really makes any ‘previously’ black area come back and shine. The blinker backs on my old Hondas were chalky white when I got them. Scrubbing in B2B returned them. Was amazing! The black panels (arm rests) on my Busa look like new and they’ve been in the sunlight for how ever many hours it takes to ride over 65,000 miles.

Back