Factory suspension settings

04 Limited Busa

Registered
My bike seems to ride fairy smooth, but when I hit a bump or road imperfection, it seems to hit pretty hard and solid. It does not feel like it is bottoming out, just the opposite, like the setting is too stiff. I am about 220 Lbs suited up. Are the factory settings set up too stiff or just the opposite? I am getting ready to start making some adjustments. I mainly ride curvy back roads and some highways to get to those curves.

Recheck your settings. Count the clicks on compression and rebound on both front and rear. Many times the dealership will not even have the clicks matching on the forks. Once you have written down your click settings post them here.

Just remember these bikes are set up for a Japanese test rider maybe 150 lbs soaking wet :p.
I don't think the front forks can even handle 220 lbs with the stock springs.
At any rate you need to get your sag set to you with gear. Best money spent.

I see you have an 04. Curious how many miles are on your front forks since the last rebuild. Worn fork oil will make it seem like you feel every little bump in the road and make the front feel like you describe. I am 6'4" weigh 255 pounds and factory springs are fine for me as long as you are not road-racing or on the track. I dial in one click more compression and 2 or 3 clicks rebound with two additional turn of spring preload on the front. from factory settings. Bike is stable at speed and steady in sweepers and tight turns. You can do SAG or if you want or you can make small adjustments to find what works for you. Start stock and go up from there based on your weight. There are tons of tutorials on the web to guide you on what to look for in compression and rebound. If you need to rebuild your forks, that's the time to get a spring suited for your weight if you want. I just rebuilt mine and kept the stock spring since I was happy with the bike the way it was based on the way I ride.

I see you have an 04. Curious how many miles are on your front forks since the last rebuild. Worn fork oil will make it seem like you feel every little bump in the road and make the front feel like you describe. I am 6'4" weigh 255 pounds and factory springs are fine for me as long as you are not road-racing or on the track. I dial in one click more compression and 2 or 3 clicks rebound with two additional turn of spring preload on the front. from factory settings. Bike is stable at speed and steady in sweepers and tight turns. You can do SAG or if you want or you can make small adjustments to find what works for you. Start stock and go up from there based on your weight. There are tons of tutorials on the web to guide you on what to look for in compression and rebound. If you need to rebuild your forks, that's the time to get a spring suited for your weight if you want. I just rebuilt mine and kept the stock spring since I was happy with the bike the way it was based on the way I ride.
I actually have an 18 now, just have not changed my screen name.

Back