Factory Pro Ignition Advance Kits

rock.gif
Is this like the Ignition commander that plugs in to the PC3usb?

No, i meaning this system:

Copy : Factory Pro side

The Factory Pro S36 Ignition Advance Kit advances the timing 5 degrees!
Improves power and "snap", lowend and midrange and even a True horsepower or so at full throttle in a stock engine (meaning an engine with stock compression)

With stock engines with stock compression ratios, there is more power everywhere. Part throttle power is better - helping corner exit speeds. Improved in-town drivability.

It's 100% reliable, unlike electronic ignition boxes....

This kit also fits the SV650 - and requires a 1/2" impact wrench to remove the flywheel with the supplied rotor puller.

Hi all -

On a stock engined (stock cams, stock compression, no NOS, no turbo) bike, generally, a Hayabusa likes a bit of additional ignition advance.

For minor proof of that, when you install a "TRE" or "TEKA Fire", you notice a boost in power when you ride your stockish engined Busa.

Adding 4 degrees of additional advance will snappen up the throttle response (translate that into better power at part throttle). So - power at cruise is better. In theory, mileage might pick up a bit. (depending on your existing tuning quality)

Typically, I'll get only 1 to 2 True HP improvement in the upper rpm / full throttle on a stock engined Busa. That's only about .5% to 1.0% improvement, but - for $55, it's a pretty good deal, because the part throttle power improves at least $55 worth......
So, for full throttle HP, that's about $55 / 1 HP to maybe $27.50 / 1 HP, depending on your bike and test conditions.

It's different from the Power Commander Ignition Module.
$55 vs $350 Ign Module

The $55 FP Advance Kit really and truly advances the ignition timing +4 degrees (or retards it 4 degrees if you install it backwards).

The $350 PC3 Ign Module, while it displays the number "10" and will go "+10" to "-10" numbers, really only advances or retards the ignition timing about 2 degrees. (as of November 2007)

Which I am STILL waiting for "somebody else" to discover........

Of course, as always, any potential HP that can be gained with ignition timing tuning, can also be thrown away with poor fuel tuning.

If your bike is high compression (pistons and milling) or has higher dynamic compression (trapped compression as the engine is running) the more compressed air/fuel mix burns quicker and you would probably NOT need more ignition advance.
BUT - trying and testing is how you make better power.
35+ years of doing this says that - 'cause "ya never know.

What I can say is that properly tuned (or not tuned at all), properly tested (that means under load in top gear) piped and filtered and stacked Busa's like a little more timing and that it's generally a good simple mod.

DC_Suzuki_gsx1300r_Hayabusa_RED_w_4_IGN_ADV_BLUE_stock_timing.gif

Hi all -

On a stock engined (stock cams, stock compression, no NOS, no turbo) bike, generally, a Hayabusa likes a bit of additional ignition advance.

For minor proof of that, when you install a "TRE" or "TEKA Fire", you notice a boost in power when you ride your stockish engined Busa.

Adding 4 degrees of additional advance will snappen up the throttle response (translate that into better power at part throttle). So - power at cruise is better. In theory, mileage might pick up a bit. (depending on your existing tuning quality)

Typically, I'll get only 1 to 2 True HP improvement in the upper rpm / full throttle on a stock engined Busa. That's only about .5% to 1.0% improvement, but - for $55, it's a pretty good deal, because the part throttle power improves at least $55 worth......
So, for full throttle HP, that's about $55 / 1 HP to maybe $27.50 / 1 HP, depending on your bike and test conditions.

It's different from the Power Commander Ignition Module.
$55 vs $350 Ign Module

The $55 FP Advance Kit really and truly advances the ignition timing +4 degrees (or retards it 4 degrees if you install it backwards).

The $350 PC3 Ign Module, while it displays the number "10" and will go "+10" to "-10" numbers, really only advances or retards the ignition timing about 2 degrees. (as of November 2007)

Which I am STILL waiting for "somebody else" to discover........

Of course, as always, any potential HP that can be gained with ignition timing tuning, can also be thrown away with poor fuel tuning.

If your bike is high compression (pistons and milling) or has higher dynamic compression (trapped compression as the engine is running) the more compressed air/fuel mix burns quicker and you would probably NOT need more ignition advance.
BUT - trying and testing is how you make better power.
35+ years of doing this says that - 'cause "ya never know.

What I can say is that properly tuned (or not tuned at all), properly tested (that means under load in top gear) piped and filtered and stacked Busa's like a little more timing and that it's generally a good simple mod.
Good read but I'm curious about a couple things:

1) If advancing the timing with the use of say a "TRE" increases the power of a stocked Busa... why do they run SLOWER at the drag strip with it installed
rock.gif

2) A custom map will provide the better throttle respnse you speak of (personal experience and thanks JC). I ran a TRE with generic map and disconnected it when I got my custom map. I will never go back to the TRE. could the smoothness just be a A/F issue?

Thanks.

Back