Factory Horn Harness Location

kan4club

Registered
I bought an 06 Busa from a guy that used to race the bike. I am trying to add some of the stock items back to it. I installed a factory horn but I can't find the factory harness. It looks like it T's off from the main factory harness, according to the schematics I've seen. Does anyone have any pictures of where it splits off? Or is there a way to work around the factory harness and use separate wires with the factory horn button. I tried to tap into the wires (black w/blue stripe and white) that come from the left handle but did not get any sound. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

Mate, not to threadjack you, but I seriously wouldn't bother reinstalling the stock horn. It is a worthless piece of crap. Get a Stebel Nautilus and save your own life.

I'll see if I can get some pics of how I installed mine.

Mate, not to threadjack you, but I seriously wouldn't bother reinstalling the stock horn. It is a worthless piece of crap. Get a Stebel Nautilus and save your own life.

I'll see if I can get some pics of how I installed mine.

Wow... save a life is right.. found this youtube clip.

Factory harness splits outta the thickest bunch of wires coming off the bars. More than likely it was used for a shift kit or nitrous activation if it once was a "race strip" type of bike. I'd look for wires cut off that set. More than likely you'll need to take the nose off as I remember when I tapped into them for my shift kit it was low and deep in the frame tubing of the nose cowl.

Liking this horn...

Thanks Rainbow7and RedFalco. I will look into the Stebel Nautilus. Most of the air horn configs I saw, utilized the stock harness. Any work arounds or wiring pics will help tremendously.

The horn harness is on top of the motor, by the coil plugs!

The stock horn wires are a black one and a yellow one. As RedFalco says, the previous owner may have used them for another purpose.

Stebel1.jpg

I mounted my Stebel at the back of the throttle bodies.

Stebel2.jpg

The blue and the black wire run from the relay up to the stock horn wires/connectors.

Stebel3.jpg

I used one of these tapped holes to bolt my Stebel into.

Stebel4.jpg

Everything runs through the relay.

Stebel5.2.jpg

Stebel1.jpg

Stebel2.jpg

Stebel3.jpg

Stebel4.jpg

Stebel5.2.jpg

Thanks everyone. This install doesn't look too bad. Now I need to find the stock wire harness for the horn. I will check by the coil plugs and hopefully it is there.

As I understand it, your OEM horn harness is NOT sitting up by your coils; if it where it would be a no brainer, thus the question as to where the original horn wires "T's" into the main harness. ???
If all the horn hardware is gone and you intend to get all new, more than likely the yellow and black original wires have been re routed to suit the previous owners needs. My guess would be down towards the left (clutch) side of the bike. If I remember correctly there is only like 8 or so inches of wire from where it "T's" into the main harness. If it were me, I'd take off the nose and have a real good look if the original wires aren't laying up near your coils.

Thanks Rainbow7 ; just ordered that horn off feebay for 45bucks delivered. PM sent mate.

Back