Factory Graphics....

aussiekeeper

Registered
Who here has had any luck removing the factory graphics? I have the '09 silver/grey and am leaning towards another color to accent. Either blue or a dark red/burgundy. Will include graphics, wheels, levers, ect. Originally thought the red, but am now thinking dark blue. How do I remove these stickers?

You might do a search sir. I know that many have removed them, just don't know how...

Here is how you remove the pot stickers on your 08 or 09 Busa. Use a heat gun on low setting they come off very easy. just heat them up very slowly take your time.I used a razor blade on some and my finger nail on the rest of them.
I had no problem taking them off. Its about a six pack of Modello job. :beerchug:
Chuck

Is the tank on Gen2 decals covered by the clear coat like Gen1's? If so... your gonna have to live with it or do a repaint.

I used the wife's hair drier, less heat that a heat gun but just as affective. The WD-40 to remove any residue. Be very patient!!!!

i removed my tank decals on gen2... blowdryer, no probs. easy job!

Theres a difference between decals and emblems, Emblem being the "S" and decals meaning the stripes on the tank that are clear coated over.. The tank decals are the only stripes/accents that can't be removed on the gen II.. The fairing and tail section decals CAN be removed using care..

Last edited:
Who here has had any luck removing the factory graphics? I have the '09 silver/grey and am leaning towards another color to accent. Either blue or a dark red/burgundy. Will include graphics, wheels, levers, ect. Originally thought the red, but am now thinking dark blue. How do I remove these stickers?

May I suggest the burgundy? I think Gray and Burgundy go together better than Blue.
Just my 2cts
Bubba

Yeah, I'm still tossing it around. My first thought was the dark red, or burgundy, maybe my first impression was a good call. Our grey is kind of bland
(but real sexy) so, maybe the red will give it the "pop" it needs.

OH, check your PM's in the next day or so...............

Ron

Back