Factory decal/graphic removal, and install help please.

Spudley

Grippin' and Rippin'
Donating Member
Registered
Morning all,

Gouged up the decal on the nose cowl while installing the lower side cowling. Scratched and gouged the factory decal. Purchased a set from Bikebandit, and need a refresher on the "removing" of the factory graphic, and "installing", more importantly, a new one.

Did this once before, and remember using liquid dish soap and water to install the decal, maybe ?......

Anyone got a tried and true remove/install procedure ?.

Much thanks for the read !.

A.

Morning all,

Gouged up the decal on the nose cowl while installing the lower side cowling. Scratched and gouged the factory decal. Purchased a set from Bikebandit, and need a refresher on the "removing" of the factory graphic, and "installing", more importantly, a new one.

Did this once before, and remember using liquid dish soap and water to install the decal, maybe ?......

Anyone got a tried and true remove/install procedure ?.

Much thanks for the read !.

A.
Also add GOO OFF to the list to remove the glue left behind after sticker is removed; works pretty well if you let it sit for few mins.

I use finger nail polish remover insted of the goo gone. I have better luck with it.

Finger nail polish remover is usually 80-100% acetone. That would eat up any plastic, vinyl, leather material and paint.

Been doing it for over 20 years with no issues. To each their own i guess.

Been doing it for over 20 years with no issues. To each their own i guess.

You might have been using non-acetate remover because I own several salons lol. I haven’t been posting here recently because I just opened a big one in Texas, but even strong bleach proof cloth, will discolor with the acetone I use for removing nail polish.

1B093708-927C-4917-B81E-55E9BDD7D9ED.jpeg

68174F1E-8089-49D4-8DA7-D95C616D80E2.jpeg

511BCE57-E9BB-43DF-BAFA-27D61CB734EF.jpeg

You might have been using non-acetate remover because I own several salons lol. I haven’t been posting here recently because I just opened a big one in Texas, but even strong bleach proof cloth, will discolor with the acetone I use for removing nail polish.

View attachment 1601313

View attachment 1601314

Hi Would you like to sponsor an LSR bike? Your add best and fastest salons in the world!

Well if my Busa needs a make-over, I'll give you a call....:thumbsup:

Sorry for the late reply, been busy this week.

No honestly, thanks everyone for the input and the good orderly direction. Been ten years since I swapped a decal. I'm a motor, frame, nuts and bolts guy. Had just forgotten what I used, and how I did it. As I recall, I used a heat gun last time, and it pulled the decal, but left some nasty blue adhesive.

I'll go with the hair dryer, and plastic scraper. Soak it with Goo-Gone, remove the adhesive. Then a little liquid soap in a squirty-bottle, align the decal, and press the bubbles.

Thanks for the help !.

Spud.

Back