Facebook Crap

VIPER

Formerly known as viperblackbusa.
Registered
There has got to be a way to hit whats new and not get all the face book garbage.....anyone?

site is unusable with it. I can't find any new threads that aren't from facebook.

also looks like php.ini is set to addslashes by default, which is escaping all single quotes in titles.

site is unusable with it. I can't find any new threads that aren't from facebook.

also looks like php.ini is set to addslashes by default, which is escaping all single quotes in titles.

I agree - this entire site has been HACKED and become essentially useless. Hey Cap, really? The honeymoon is over, please restore the site to where it was and get rid
of facebook totally . . . just not working out, is it????

Well before i poo poo the facebook stuff, why did they do it? Is there a completely different of orgsters on Facebook?

Guys, it takes time to get code / programs working. this particular one has been in process for over 2 years. The vision is to bring all social media to one location, over the years the org has been splintering off to different social media platforms. The goal is to gather it all back in, while you might like it the way it was the org is at the point where I am about to shut it down. Not enough traffic here anymore for various reasons but I really don't have any desire to pay out of my pocket every month...

We have been on the Internet for 15 years and we have to make adjustments or die...... Suzuki not releasing any competitive bikes or updates to the Busa affects traffic, other social media has affected not only this site but ALL forums and the changes in tech going to mobile platforms has affected traffic.

There are always growing pains associated with change, I posted updates in other theads that the influx of Facebook data is because we have years of data we are bringing in a little every hour until we get caught up. Those names you see on FB are some of the original members that were here years ago and we are trying to get everyone back engaged with great content and discussion for all.

I will see what I can do about filtering out the Facebook post but I need you all to be patient while I sort through it.

Cap

That's just for the beginning, once everything its loaded from fb and we start new threads you will see less fb posts. At least that's my understanding!

We just need to be a lil patient for now

I agree - this entire site has been HACKED and become essentially useless. Hey Cap, really? The honeymoon is over, please restore the site to where it was and get rid
of facebook totally . . . just not working out, is it????

The above comment was an uninformed knee-jerk reaction, I have to apologize and take it back. Everything we are seeing now traffic-wise will fade, the new post tab will reflect only main forum (org) posts, and the facebook section will have it's own new post tab. Gotta be patient, cap is doing a lot of work behind the scenes to improve the org, and I want to thank him for everything he does that we just don't see every day . . .:bowdown:

Okay folks we are always here as a team, we try our best to not disrupt your day to day, thank you for your help and patience. Here is a quick work around that I put into place tonight so that it will ease the change we are going through until we can get things the way we want them... I apologize for the confusion guys we are just trying to get us back to the Glory days and wrangle in all the content from all the different places on the net!

Go to the top right corner of your screen and you will see a link to your settings, click that and go to your personal page.

settings.png

Click on the General link on the left.... Scroll down and you will see a new section that says "Exclude Forums from "Whats New"

gen.png

Scroll down and choose both the Facebook forums, save the changes and from now on you will not see any of those new imports from FB.

fb.jpg

settings.png

gen.png

fb.jpg

I finale got it, but I had to hit shift to choos the two at the same time then save changes

Gurrera

Back