F150 truck tries to run biker off the road, then chases biker!

Kinda interesting situation. The guy who almost got run over, has to speed up or be rammed. If he stops to make a turn, the truck might run him over, so he really has no choice but to run.

edit: looks like no action ended up being taken against the truck driver. Sheriff wasn't interested in the tape.

Wow - that was ridiculous - I wonder what happened if/when the police arrived. I give them credit though, I think that would have ended in a physical altercation if I was personally involved.

Kinda interesting situation. The guy who almost got run over, has to speed up or be rammed. If he stops to make a turn, the truck might run him over, so he really has no choice but to run.

edit: looks like no action ended up being taken against the truck driver. Sheriff wasn't interested in the tape.

Wow, gotta love it. I'm glad to know that if I am ever in need of killing someone I can simply run them over in this country and get away with it.

Note: I am okay saying this on the public interwebz because I don't actually plan on killing someone by running them over.

Dont know what to say. wow. They all were braking the law. But jeez it was close to vehicular homicide. If I was on the bike I dont know if I d want the law to see it.With my license on the line too. I d just be happy to be alive. Probably turned camera off and sorted it out without the law.

:eek:crazy sh*t
That looks like some of the roads we ride on in KY. Never know when your gonna run into a crazy out there that think they are judge/jury/executioner and the way they think it should be must be the right way. And the way things are nowadays, that was even taking a chance stopping to confront him. We have had them damn rednecks put a gun out the window and act as if they were gonna start shooting, all because you pass them on a double yellow(take it though some of those country roads have a double yellow whole length of road) on a long straightaway, and I don't mean blasting them. Just passing at a reasonable normal speed, may 5-10 faster than them. And I read on the other forum that guy was military home for week leave or something. Never know could have been one that pushed too far in combat and gets home and cracks and could've wasted both of them right there and went on.
Be careful out there people is all I can say.

Dont know what to say. wow. They all were braking the law. But jeez it was close to vehicular homicide. If I was on the bike I dont know if I d want the law to see it.With my license on the line too. I d just be happy to be alive. Probably turned camera off and sorted it out without the law.

That video could definitely be incriminating yourself, but you edit the footage to the point of passing the truck. That way all can be penalized for is possibly speeding and overtaking on a double yellow line. I think you could argue the excess speed after that point due to having your life endangered.

That video could definitely be incriminating yourself, but you edit the footage to the point of passing the truck. That way all can be penalized for is possibly speeding and overtaking on a double yellow line. I think you could argue the excess speed after that point due to having your life endangered.

Realistically it would all be speculative except for the passing on double yellow and truck trying to run him off the road, and truck driving recklessly due to all over road into oncoming traffic. There is no reference to the speed they are going except how it looks in video and that is all different depending on camera it's taken with. I have video's where it looks as if you are just cruising along normal unless you have a speedo shot in it showing actual speed, I've seen 90 look like 45 on video and visa versa. So I think the bikers would fair ok in this situation.

man, that just filled me with anger! he must have had a bad day in the woods with he's ATV and decided to take it on the riders.

that guy was only in "danger" for about 2 seconds while he was passing the truck. after that, the only danger he was facing would've been caused by his own careless driving on public roads. no way in hell that truck was gonna catch him! he was gone.. :rofl:

unbelieveable ::11::11

we have people around here that think its funny to try and out "ride" us in the twisties, no matter what the speed, they dont seem to realize the EXTRA danger they put both parties in, car loses control, run off the road kicking debris up on the bike in your face, potential for premature death, its videos like that make me stop and reset myself and keep me in check! :soapbox:

:guns: idiots

while obviously dude is wrong for trying to run guy off the road

maybe he's tired of ricky racer runnin laps on the roads endangering him and his family as well as the general public, and maybe somebody did run his mom off the road.......

Didn't a mod make a request not even 2 days ago about some of the comments from the org'sters :laugh:

Glad no ones dead, I don't think showing that video to his chain command would be good for him either. They may go after that trucker but I doubt they will be to pleased with that pass.

im going to take the other road with this....lets put the first biker in a car....now lets have him pass on a blind double yellow corner....i wonder if people opinions here would change a little then? i bet they would....it would be the cars fault in a heartbeat and if this had happened to you and someone passed you on a double yellow in a blind corner i bet you would be mad as hell and might even honk and cuss and scream at them...so whats the difference that its a bike that passed on a blind double yellow? I agree completely the truck should never have tried what he did no doubts period. But i have to say that biker number one was at fault completely and caused a bad situation that never should have been in the first place. Sure we all have broke or bent a law or 2 here and there but what he did was plain stupid and almost cost him his life.:rulez:

Beyond messed up, definately take this **** higher than the "town sheriff". You wouldn't lose your license passing on a double yellow, but that MoFo would definately get some time (hopefully). Y'all are nuts down south!

I agree with the fact that the biker pulled a d-bag move by passing on the double yellow but he didn't intentionally try to take another driver/rider out. I think we've all done one dumb thing or another on our bikes but did it warrant getting taken out? Probably not...

of course not. those good ol boys can't see past their aviator glasses and their stuck up noses to see the truth. what an ahole! that's why we all should carry pepper spray or a billy club etc... when that guy got out with a crow bar / tire iron whatever i thought the vid was about to get ugly. IMO I would have taken that video to a lawyer or since the biker has himself saying the plate number on film I would :whistle::whistle:

Back