F1 light and throttle hesitation after new exhaust install

Johnny5

Registered
I just installed a full exhaust and Power commander on my 08 Busa. Now the F1 light is on and there is a huge hesitation in the throttle. Any suggestions?

Disconnect the PC and ride it, if that has improved the running/tuning, then it needs a custom map installed, getting it dyno-tuned will help fix the problem.
If removing the PC does NOT change anything . . . then you have bigger issues, as already mentioned, the full exhaust has also changed the set up, but ya gotta start with disconnecting the added PC, try that and let us know what the outcome is.

PCV comes installed with no map . There are about 20 maps on the website for free download . Pick the one that is your system , and upload it to PCV . Don't forget to zero the throttle position sensor through the laptop so the PCV knows the TRUE throttle position . These are all easy to do , and Dyno Jet has tech videos on youtube to show you .

PCV comes installed with no map . There are about 20 maps on the website for free download . Pick the one that is your system , and upload it to PCV . Don't forget to zero the throttle position sensor through the laptop so the PCV knows the TRUE throttle position . These are all easy to do , and Dyno Jet has tech videos on youtube to show you .
There isn’t a map for the system I bought (Voodoo). I downloaded a system I thought might be similar but nothing changed.

There isn’t a map for the system I bought (Voodoo). I downloaded a system I thought might be similar but nothing changed.

That's my biggest issue with PC. You almost have to check out available maps. Then buy parts they cover...

Sorry, I don’t know what you mean by zeroing the TP. I uploaded a map, and it said map was uploaded successfully.
Have you viewed any of their tech videos?
Is your laptop conected and live connection to PCV? There is a box on right for current Throttle Position % is it zero while bike idles?

Could also be that the PC5 is not connected right. I had a similar issue and I had some wires crossed. Can't hurt to verify it.

That's my biggest issue with PC. You almost have to check out available maps. Then buy parts they cover...
There are lots of options. You can sometime get a map from the pipe manufacturer dyno it, which is the best option anyway.

I have. It’s my first time using the program and I’m struggling a bit. It shows the idle but throttle only shows 100% or 0. I can’t get it to move to matter what I do.

I'll see if later I can break out my old laptop to view for refreshing my memory.
However if it's only 0 or 100 there's a issue.
When you roll the throttle slowly it will read 5 % 10% 20 % and up 0 to 20 is single while anything above 20 is a 10% value. Example 20 / 30 /40 on up to 100%
Your unit may need a firmware update.
My PCV on the R6 would not function quick shifter correctly. After a firm ware update all was working.

Now is this JUST A PCV or is quick shifter / auto tune used?

Thanks everyone for your help! I opened up the gas tank and found one of the wires was not connected. After connecting, I was able to set the throttle and all is well. Very much appreciated.

I always feel a sigh of relief when I find something like that....

99% of the time it is always something simple that we over-think.

Back